Tim Scott Shares Personal Stories as a Black Man of 'Frustration' with Cops

Geee

tim-scott-shares-personal-stories-as-a-black-man-of-frustration-with-copsPJ Media:

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) revealed today that he's been stopped seven times in the past year by law enforcement for "trivial" reasons in a highly personal speech focusing on experiences of black men and police stops.

Scott called it his "most difficult" floor speech of the week because "it's the most personal."

The senator said most police "have two things on their minds: protect and serve."

However, he added, "we do have serious issues that must be resolved" -- the "deep divide" between the black community and law enforcement in many cities, "a trust gap" and "tension that has been growing for decades."

"And as a family, one American family, we cannot ignore these issues."

Stressing that Americans should be "thankful" for the good job most police officers do, Scott added that "some do not" do a good job.

"I've experienced it myself," he said. "... I shuddered when I heard Eric Garner say, 'I can't breathe.' I wept when I watched Walter Scott turn and run away and get shot and killed from the back. And I broke when I heard the 4-year-old daughter of Philando Castile's girlfriend tell her mother, 'It's OK; I'm right here with you.'"Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

@Valin - thanks that gives one something to think about and a touch of what Obama promised before he was elected. He mentioned MLK and Hillary mentioned Lincoln yesterday. Both excellent Republican examples wink.png

• Like 1