Internal notes indicate only 6 people signed up for ObamaCare on first day

Valin

internal-notes-indicate-only-6-people-signed-up-for-obamacare-on-first-dayFox News:

11/1/13

Notes from an Obama administration meeting about the problem-plagued ObamaCare website indicate only six people signed up for the health care law on its first day, according to documents released by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Fox News' Ed Henry told Megyn Kelly on The Kelly File Thursday that the documents, released by committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, are not official enrollment numbers, but say that as of the morning of Oct. 2, six enrollments have occurred so far with five different issuers.

(Snip)

Barry-Phone-copy.jpg

• Like 1

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

Avik Roy

10/31/13

On Wednesday, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius testified before Congress about the continuing issues with the rollout of Obamacares health insurance exchanges. Hold me accountable for the debacle, said Sebelius. Im responsible. I attended the hearing, and I was struck by the scope, scale, and depth of the health laws problems, problems that far exceed any one political appointee. But Obamacares disruption of the existing health insurance marketa disruption codified in law, and known to the administrationis only just beginning. And its far broader than recent media coverage has implied.

If you read the Affordable Care Act when it was passed, you knew that it was dishonest for President Obama to claim that if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, as he didand continues to doon countless occasions. And we now know that the administration knew this all along. It turns out that in an obscure report buried in a June 2010 edition of the Federal Register, administration officials predicted massive disruption of the private insurance market.

On Tuesday, White House spokesman Jay Carney attempted to minimize the disruption issue, arguing that it only affected people who buy insurance on their own. Thats the universe were talking about, 5 percent of the population, said Carney. In some of the coverage of this issue in the last several days, you would think that you were talking about 75 percent or 80 percent or 60 percent of the American population. (5 percent of the population happens to be 15 million people, no small number, but lets leave that aside.)

(Snip)

internal-notes-indicate-only-6-people-signed-up-for-obamacare-on-first-day:

11/1/13

Notes from an Obama administration meeting about the problem-plagued ObamaCare website indicate only six people signed up for the health care law on its first day, according to documents released by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Fox News' Ed Henry told Megyn Kelly on The Kelly File Thursday that the documents, released by committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, are not official enrollment numbers, but say that as of the morning of Oct. 2, six enrollments have occurred so far with five different issuers.

(Snip)

Barry-Phone-copy.jpg

LMFAO.gif Love the can of worms!

Which is even more horrifying than cans of cat food, which used to be the story of sympathy for those who couldn't afford anything better.

Which is even more horrifying than cans of cat food, which used to be the story of sympathy for those who couldn't afford anything better.

Obviously these threats about canned cat food have never priced canned cat food.

@nickydog

The press would have everyone believe 10% of the US will now be forced to eat cans of worms with the end of the extra food-stamp money that has been going out as part of the "stimulus" program.

Food stamps will get cut by $5 billion this week — and more cuts could follow

I alway thought food stamps were to supplement not completely cover food for the month. Way back in the 50s they handed out commodities for the poor, flour, sugar, butter, cheese and peanut butter. My grandfather was in charge of commodities where he lived and he was always amazed at how many "hungry poor people" would just dump the flour and sugar and butter, they didn't want to have to cook. We had tons of those 5 lb slabs of cheese, really good cheese and the peanut butter tasted like Peter Pan. he would give the stuff away to various neighbors because otherwise it would lay in the parking lot and spoil.

Obviously these threats about canned cat food have never priced canned cat food.

I blame Big Cat Food! They are part of the 1%.

• Like 2

@nickydog

The press would have everyone believe 10% of the US will now be forced to eat cans of worms with the end of the extra food-stamp money that has been going out as part of the "stimulus" program.

Food stamps will get cut by $5 billion this week — and more cuts could follow

I alway thought food stamps were to supplement not completely cover food for the month. Way back in the 50s they handed out commodities for the poor, flour, sugar, butter, cheese and peanut butter. My grandfather was in charge of commodities where he lived and he was always amazed at how many "hungry poor people" would just dump the flour and sugar and butter, they didn't want to have to cook. We had tons of those 5 lb slabs of cheese, really good cheese and the peanut butter tasted like Peter Pan. he would give the stuff away to various neighbors because otherwise it would lay in the parking lot and spoil.

Listened to Rush as I drove hither and yon this morning and he said the same thing -- food stamps are supposed to be supplements, not the whole shebang. And they shouldn't pay for soft drinks, candy, cigarettes, etc. Same with Social Security -- meant to be a supplement only.

Listened to Rush as I drove hither and yon this morning and he said the same thing -- food stamps are supposed to be supplements, not the whole shebang. And they shouldn't pay for soft drinks, candy, cigarettes, etc. Same with Social Security -- meant to be a supplement only.

Well there's goes shopping in my neighborhood.

• Like 2

November 2, 2013

1…2…3…4…5…SIX!

bs.jpg

Seis…che… sechs…zes…sei…szesc…שבע…NO matter what language it’s said in…NO matter how it’s spelled…the number 6…SIX…is my new favorite number…and I bet it’s the new favorite number of many others too.

SIX…the number of people who signed onto ObamaCare on October 1…the first day the ObamaCare website was up and running…the day the White House said that by the end of the month 500,000 would sign up. Scissors-32x32.png

http://dcclothesline.com/2013/11/02/1-2-3-4-5-six/

November 1, 2013

We keep saying it but it bears repeating: OCare is not about health care, or even health insurance

…It’s about control. Power. Consolidation. Future management advantages over newly-turned subjects.

And what better way to do that, in a broken constitutional republic, than by creating ever new clients by creating the conditions for their deciding it best to follow their own “economic best interests” — that is, by creating the necessity of dependency on government, then presenting yourself as the sugar daddy willing to fund your wants and needs.

And there’s some evidence mounting that this was a goal not only in affect, but one that was actively sought after through the dishonest veneer of health insurance reform. Diana West:

Could Obamacare be the biggest voter registration fraud scheme in the history of the world?

This is the bombshell assessment of a pair of conservative activists: Gregg Phillips, founder of Voters Trust, and Catherine Engelbrecht of True the Vote. Both groups are conservative nonprofits focused on election integrity.

What helped Phillips and Engelbrecht draw this conclusion, which Breitbart News reported this week, is almost as amazing as the conclusion itself: Left-wing groups and media have for some time been openly discussing Obamacare as a vehicle for so-called Motor Voter registration. Motor Voter is the law that Scissors-32x32.png

- See more at: http://proteinwisdom.com/#sthash.a3IiqnZR.dpuf

"Biggest voter registration fraud scheme in the history of the world" ObamaCare: Illegal Voter Mine for the Democratic Party?

By Arnold Ahlert (Bio and Archives) Friday, November 1, 2013

ahlert110113.jpg

While many Americans remain focused on the ominous implications of ObamaCare with regard to health insurance or the faulty website, a far more serious issue remains under the radar. On Wednesday, two national election watchdog groups alleged that ObamaCare is really a massive voter registration vehicle masquerading as a healthcare bill.

Gregg Phillips, the founder of the election integrity group Voters Trust takes it one step further. “I think [it] is the biggest voter registration fraud scheme in the history of the world,” he told Breitbart News.

Phillips, along with Catherine Engelbrecht of True The Vote, cited a report published by Demos, an organization founded by left-wing activist billionaire George Soros. “Building a Healthy Democracy: Registering 68 Million People to Vote Through Health Benefit Exchanges,” couches this effort in noble terms, contending that “the freedom to vote Scissors-32x32.png

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58963

Heritage Backgrounder: After Repeal of Obamacare: Moving to Patient-Centered, Market-Based Health Care
10/31/13

Abstract
Obamacare moves American health care in the wrong direction by eroding the doctor–patient relationship, centralizing control, and increasing health costs. True health care reform would empower individuals, with their doctors, to make their own health care decisions free from government interference. Therefore, Obamacare should be stopped and fully repealed. Then Congress and the states should enact patient-centered, market-based reforms that better serve Americans.

For a better life, Americans need a health care system that they, not the government, control. Consumers should have the ability to choose how to meet their health insurance needs in a free market for insurance. Taxpayers should benefit from a more efficient and affordable system for helping those who need health care but cannot afford it. Above all, patients, with their doctors, should make their own health care decisions free from government interference.

The important first step is to repeal the Obamacare statute that puts the government in charge of health care. The second step is to let the country move to a patient-centered, market-based system that focuses on citizens and not on the government.
Principles for Reform

To allow Americans to reclaim control of their own health care and benefit from competition in a free market for insurance and health care, Congress should repeal the Obamacare statute and enact patient-centered, market-based reforms based on five principles:
(Snip)

A return to patient focused and Government out of it, also means no business tax breaks for insurance. The market needs to be fully competitive if prices are ever going to be rained in. Too many people with "Cadillac" plans and medicare/military insurance (my parents included) don't have a clue what treatments cost and just go in for everything and get every test a doc desires. Need some % of cost to go back to the patient so they at least have to decide is it worth it.

• Like 1

Senate Dems killed (Obamacare) grandfather (fix)

Posted by William A. Jacobson Friday, November 1, 2013 at 1:37pm

Mary-Landrieu-Vote-Yes-Obamacare-559x442

They own all of our Obamacare problems, completely.

CNN reports, Senate Democrats supported rule that led to insurance cancellations:

Senate Democrats voted unanimously three years ago to support the Obamacare rule that is largely responsible for some of the health insurance cancellation letters that are going out.

In September 2010, Senate Republicans brought a resolution to the floor to block implementation of the grandfather rule, warning that it would result in canceled policies and violate President Barack Obama’s promise that people could keep their insurance if they liked it.
Scissors-32x32.png

Senate Dems who are up for reelection in 2014 helped kill the grandfathering fix: Mary Landrieu, Jeanne Shaheen, Mark Pryor, Kay Hagan and Mark Begich.
Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

O'care website going to be shut down 12 hours (actually 13 with time change) for repairs.

I wish I could tell my customers their sites would be down for 13 hours well I take care of fixes and updates.

• Like 1

AP: State by state: 3.5 million insurance policies canceled

11/2/13

Millions of Americans who buy their own health insurance are being informed that their policies will no longer be offered starting in the new year because they do not meet the higher standards of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The actual number of people receiving the notices is unclear, with data unavailable in half the states.

Many states are not tracking the notices issued by insurers. Others are attempting to find out but do not yet have a count. Some states are tracking the policy notices through their insurance departments or health care exchanges. In other states, the largest private insurers are releasing the number of discontinuation notices they have issued.

This chart shows that at least 3.5 million Americans have received the notices so far. It reflects reporting by AP staffers in each state and the District of Columbia, as of Friday.

(Snip)

CNN: Arent Republicans vulnerable on ObamaCare for, er, opposing the debacle all along?

Ed Morrissey

November 4, 2013

After watching this exchange between Candy Crowley and Sen. Kelly Ayotte on CNNs State of the Union yesterday, I had to go back and read the transcript to be sure I heard it correctly. Perhaps Crowley intended to play devils advocate here by encapsulating the latest Democratic Party spin to push blame for ObamaCare on the political party that has opposed it all along, and had nothing to do with its implementation. Regardless of intent, this question made my jaw drop:

(snip)

CROWLEY: Now, he is saying in a sort of nuance way what other Democrats are saying right out there which is that you- all would rather defeat the president and Obamacare than help your constituents. Have you helped your constituents who called to your office looking for help? And do you think republicans are vulnerable on this that they have tried so hard and so many times to derail it, but now the criticism looks like nothing but politics? [emphasis mine]

What exactly is the argument here that Republicans have been proven correct about what a clusterfark ObamaCare would be, and so their opposition was therefore nothing but politics? Er, doesnt the multi-layered failures of the scheme demonstrate that opposition was substantive all along? The website and the skyrocketing premiums show that the ACA should have been derailed years ago, and that the White House has been repeatedly dishonest for years about its impact and their ability to manage it.

(Snip)

blink.png

Lies of Obamacare, Documented

John Hinderaker

11/4/13

Over the last day or two, the major breaking story has really been a throwback: in 2010, the Obama administration promulgated rules governing what plans that pre-existed Obamacare would be grandfathered under that statute, and allowed to continue. In the context of announcing its rules, the administration predicted that because of their restrictiveness, many millions of Americans would lose their existing insurance coverage, whether they liked it or not. Further, it has been widely reported (as by CNN, here) that Republicans tried to reverse the administrations grandfather rules so that those who liked their insurance would be allowed to keep it, but Senate Democrats voted them down.

(Snip)

The Obamacare statute provided that plans pre-existing the law would be allowed to continue, but left the details to future administrative action. That came on June 17, 2010, when the Obama administrationspecifically, the Departments of the Treasury, Labor and Health and Human Servicespromulgated Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. You can read the rules here; scroll down to Part II.

The basic idea underlying the rules is that if the pre-existing plans remained unchanged, they could continue. If, however, there was any significant change in coverages, co-pays, and so on, then the plan would become subject to all of the requirements of Obamacare (even grandfathered plans are subject to a number of Obamacare requirements). The problem is that the health insurance market is constantly changing, and it is typical for plans to change, to some degree, from year to year. So the administration looked at historical data to estimate how many employer-sponsored and individual plans would likely lose their grandfather status once Obamacare was implemented. The administrations methodology can certainly be questioned, but the results were as has been reported. This chart sums them up; click to enlarge:

580x251xFederalRegister092-600x260.jpg.p

(Snip)

+ Lies of Obamacare: Special edition

Barack Obama thinks you're really stupid.