CNN's Don Lemon: Bill O'Reilly's Criticism Of Black Community "Doesn't Go Far Enough"

Valin

Draggingtree
July 27th, 2013 Bill Cosby, the Zimmerman case, and guns

Look, I want to give Bill Cosby his props. He’s been speaking up courageously for years on the problems within the black community, and he’s gotten a lot of flak for it. It can’t have been easy for him.

Here are some excerpts from the address Cosby gave to the NAACP in 2004 on the 50th anniversary of the landmark Supreme Court case Brown v. Board of Education. You may have heard of Cosby’s speech because it got a lot of press, and evoked a lot of backlash. But have you ever read it? The guy did not pull his punches:

Now, look, I’m telling you. It’s not what they’re doing to us. It’s what we’re not doing. 50 percent drop out. Look, we’re raising our own ingrown immigrants. These people are fighting hard to be ignorant. There’s no English being spoken, and they’re walking and they’re angry. Oh God, they’re angry and they have pistols and they shoot and they do stupid things. And after they kill somebody, they don’t have a plan. Just murder somebody. Boom. Over what? A pizza? …Scissors-32x32.png

http://neoneocon.com/2013/07/27/bill-cosby-partly-right-partly-wrong-on-the-zimmermanmartin-case/

righteousmomma

I liked the Don Lemon video and what he said for the most part. Then he had to end with:

KRISTEN POWERS, DAILY BEAST COLUMNIST: If conservatives are so concerned about black-on-black crime, it's a little concerning the only time I hear them talking about it is when they want to stick it to the black community.

I strongly disagree with this liberal talkiing point - espoused by a liberal who is kind of seeing the light on some issues.

For years on blogs, articles and forums we have highlighted all the various issues Lemon brought up. The beautiful City of Atlanta, run by blacks for years now who have tried to speak to the issue of the baggy pants were royally castigated by blacks and white liberals residents. Dress code, don't ya know. All kids go through phases etc etc

I do not care to list any more instances but I am "siick and tarred" of lying liberal catch phrase sound bites about us conservatives/Republicans being put forth as established truth. I "aint taking it no more".

• Like 4

@rightousmama

Well he is a leftie, and he has to say this. What he doesn't understand every time someone from the right brings these things up...out comes....

race.jpg

The problem is 90% of those in the "minority community" will never hear this. Because the institutional Left is committed and heavily invested in the victim meme.

I live in an overwhelming minority area (I'm the token white guy) and I see what he talked about every day.

Draggingtree
Race Baiting Does Not Improve Lives

By: pweldon (Diary) | July 28th, 2013 at 02:28 PM

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination against racial, ethnic, national and religious minorities, and women. It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as “public accommodations”).

I agree that civil rights laws have noble purpose, were long overdue, and have had a positive net impact in many respects. Their very context, however, requires that human behavior be measured by race, by ethnicity, by religion, and by sex, perpetuating the very distinctions that in human terms are irrelevant. Further, it is notable that we predominantly hear about “black” issues in the media while the civil rights laws address discrimination against any race, any ethnicity, any religion, or either sex.

The Zimmerman case has recently provided new “discrimination against blacks” fodder Scissors-32x32.png

More than forty five years of civil rights laws have not moved the comparative unemployment statistics by race. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/pweldon/2013/07/28/race-baiting-does-not-improve-lives/

righteousmomma

The problem is 90% of those in the "minority community" will never hear this. Because the institutional Left is committed and heavily invested in the victim meme.

You are right, Valin.

Btw after rereading what I wrote - I was referring to Kirsten Powers as the liberal who is beginning to see some light. I see her all the time on Fox as one of their pundits.

Draggingtree

You are right, Valin.

Btw after rereading what I wrote - I was referring to Kirsten Powers as the liberal who is beginning to see some light. I see her all the time on Fox as one of their pundits.

I am sorry to say Ms Powers is the typical liberal news commentator, as for as her seeing the light would be like asking the sun to dim the light during summer months, She is what she is liberal news commentator.

righteousmomma

Draggingtree, I was referring to her not now buying hook, line and sinker all of the 0 as in the past.

She has actually disagreed with the Democrats and the 0 a couple times lately when asked her views. She is still a liberal but even a few them do receive glimmers of light occasionally.

Draggingtree

Draggingtree, I was referring to her not now buying hook, line and sinker all of the 0 as in the past.

She has actually disagreed with the Democrats and the 0 a couple times lately when asked her views. She is still a liberal but even a few them do receive glimmers of light occasionally.

Yes I have seen her disagree with other libtarts and as you say the O maybe your on to something cool.png

• 2 weeks later...
pollyannaish

@Valin. Thank you so much for sharing those clips. For the first time in many years, I feel hopeful about the state of the race conversation in this country.

There are some enormously courageous blacks speaking out today and their voices are getting louder. I pray for them.

I long for a day when race or gender are immaterial in philosophical and political discussions.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I liked the Don Lemon video and what he said for the most part. Then he had to end with:

KRISTEN POWERS, DAILY BEAST COLUMNIST: If conservatives are so concerned about black-on-black crime, it's a little concerning the only time I hear them talking about it is when they want to stick it to the black community.

I strongly disagree with this liberal talkiing point - espoused by a liberal who is kind of seeing the light on some issues.

For years on blogs, articles and forums we have highlighted all the various issues Lemon brought up. The beautiful City of Atlanta, run by blacks for years now who have tried to speak to the issue of the baggy pants were royally castigated by blacks and white liberals residents. Dress code, don't ya know. All kids go through phases etc etc

I do not care to list any more instances but I am "siick and tarred" of lying liberal catch phrase sound bites about us conservatives/Republicans being put forth as established truth. I "aint taking it no more".

It strikes me as typical of someone whose eyes are slowly being opened. So I tend to let it go.

Years ago I knew a girl whose parents were divorced. The dad was completely blocked from his daughters life but she was told by her mother that her father didn't care about her. For almost thirty years, he sent checks once a week, wrote her letters telling her that he loved and missed her. and sent her birthday, christmas and graduation presents. Everyone was returned unopened by her mother. So he kept them. Her mother continued to tell her that her father didn't care about her.

When she was finally on her own, her father boxed them all up in boxes and shipped them to her address as a last resort. As she began to open them up and go through them, she said she kept trying to rationalize what she had been taught for so many years. There was always a "but why didn't he..." At the end.

It wasn't until she got to the end that her anger at her mother and complete understanding of what had happened could truly sink in. She was in therapy for years after that relearning the truth of her life.

I her story as analogous to what is happening in the black community right now. I believe we need to understand how incredibly deep the misunderstanding of the conservative boogeyman in the black community goes and really listen to what blacks like Juan, Don and others are saying. It's hard to hear the boogeyman part, but I believe that as people start down the path, even that will change. It's where focus on doing the right thing even when it hurts eventually gets through.

And that, is why they call me pollyannaish. ;)

• Like 2

@Valin. Thank you so much for sharing those clips. For the first time in many years, I feel hopeful about the state of the race conversation in this country.

There are some enormously courageous blacks speaking out today and their voices are getting louder. I pray for them.

I long for a day when race or gender are immaterial in philosophical and political discussions.

I keep telling leftists I know that it just doesn't matter to 99% of us on the Right. A persons race or sex matters only slightly maore than the color of their hair. Al Sharpton would be an idiot even if he were blond haired blue eyed. Stupidity is no respecter of race gender...shoe size.

• Like 1