Coffee Shop

Rheo

That looks good. mmmm.

Things that make me go hmmmm.

Secretary Clinton faints, suffers concussion

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department says Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who skipped an overseas trip this past week because of a stomach virus, sustained a concussion after fainting.

She's now recovering at home and being monitored by doctors.

An aide, Philippe Reines, says Clinton will work from home next week, at the recommendation of doctors.

Congressional aides do not expect her to testify as scheduled at congressional hearings on Thursday into the Sept. 11 attack against a U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador.

Scissors-32x32.png

That looks good. mmmm.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department says Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who skipped an overseas trip this past week because of a stomach virus, sustained a concussion after fainting.

An aide, Philippe Reines, says Clinton will work from home next week, at the recommendation of doctors.

Congressional aides do not expect her to testify as scheduled at congressional hearings on Thursday into the Sept. 11 attack against a U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador.

Scissors-32x32.png

Praying....praying....praying that it knocked some sense into her. Nope.

She's setting up her excuse for not testifying & ruining the small chance she has in 2016. Benghazi? No....Been sick.

Excuse # 1: Dog ate my homework Got the "run's" & gotta run....in 2016.

• Like 1

That looks good. mmmm.

Scissors-32x32.png

Someone more cynical than I would say this is certainly....convenient.

• Like 1

This is the liberal's/moveon's new pressure to apply.

Which Republican's will cave?

Violence is violence regardless, why do specific "people" need more? I guess I have the same thought about hate crimes.

Violence Against Women Act: John Boehner, Eric Cantor Pressured By Republicans To Act

The House and the Senate have each already passed their own bills to reauthorize VAWA, but they differ in one major way: The bipartisan Senate bill includes new protections for members of the LGBT community, undocumented immigrants and Native Americans, and the House bill, which passed with only Republican votes, does not. So far, House Republican leaders have refused to accept the Senate additions, calling them politically driven. In the meantime, the issue has stalled and VAWA was left to expire, for the first time in its 18-year history, in September 2011.

The fact that some House Republicans are now publicly calling on their party leaders to get behind a more inclusive bill is notable, given their relative silence on the matter in the months since passing their pared-down bill. Meanwhile, some Senate Republicans who voted against the Senate bill have recently had a change of heart and now want the House to pass it.

Moore said there are other House Republicans who didn't sign Tuesday's letter but who are quietly trying to get their party leaders to support the provision relating to tribal jurisdictional matters and back the Senate bill. Without naming names, she said there are Republican women who are "prominent in the caucus" pushing their leaders to support the broader bill.

guess violence against some is ok, strange. Kind of like the Hate Crimes where if you kill certain people it's a hate crime but kill others it's just a murder, can't wrap my brain around one murder being just murder and the other a hate crime, don't think there's a lot of love involved with either crime

If we are serious about protecting society, we need to start here. I am perfectly willing to use tax dollars to pay for this sort of thing because it is in the interest of all of us. http://anarchistsocc...nthinkable.html

@saveliberty more on what we were discussing the other day.

Wow, I am aghast at some of the comments attacking soccermom.

Me too! @saveliberty, disgusting. I want to make it clear that I don't think that bigger government is the answer. However, I believe that we are spending these resources on prisons and other services now and in an effort to be more effective with the money we do spend, we should consider complex issues such as these on a state level.

Asperger’s Gets Cut From List of Mental Disorders to Make Room for Hoarders

December 2nd, 2012

For the first time in almost 20 years, the American Psychiatric Association is rewriting its diagnostic manual, and it could affect millions of people. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM-5 is used by psychiatrists to classify mental disorders in patients, and the new version changes the classification of certain symptoms, and adds new ones. Notably, Asperger’s Disorder is being reclassified under the broader term autism spectrum disorder.

Scissors-32x32.png

It seems to me that reclassifying it under autistic spectrum disorders is ok.

What bothers me right now is that the left is now going after the mother because she owned guns. And the right is scared talking about mental health will mean more government spending.

It's just not that easy. It is very complex. And we will never solve it totally.

Asperger’s Gets Cut From List of Mental Disorders to Make Room for Hoarders

December 2nd, 2012

For the first time in almost 20 years, the American Psychiatric Association is rewriting its diagnostic manual, and it could affect millions of people. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM-5 is used by psychiatrists to classify mental disorders in patients, and the new version changes the classification of certain symptoms, and adds new ones. Notably, Asperger’s Disorder is being reclassified under the broader term autism spectrum disorder.

Scissors-32x32.png

just read the article, shrinks don't make a lot of sense, said hoarders are not considered mental illness then said they probably just watched Hoarders , how does watching it make you mentally ill, might show you have too much time on your hands but not necesarily mentally ill

It seems to me that reclassifying it under autistic spectrum disorders is ok.

What bothers me right now is that the left is now going after the mother because she owned guns. And the right is scared talking about mental health will mean more government spending.

It's just not that easy. It is very complex. And we will never solve it totally.

I don't know that our government can really handle mental illness, it is very very complex, I would be scared to death to think my future was in the hands of a shrink and government workers, but mental health does need a lot of work and ways to handle it

• Like 1

mental illness affects the entire family, not just the sick one, very hard to deal with and know what to do. Many years ago I was getting silent phone calls all hours of the day and night, would change my number to unlisted and give out only to family and a few very close friends and in a few days the calls would start again. Finally after several months I answers the phone at about 3:00 am and it was silent and then he said some, it completely shattered me as it was my older brother that I had always looked up to, he taught me to tell time, my alphabet, how to write my name and address and read before I went to first grade, I always felt he was the reason school was so easy. I told one of my sisters who was calling me and she said she would have never guessed it was him but said she had noticed to several months every time he saw me he stared at me like he hated me and would leave the room. I was heartbroken but avoided him after that. He finally started going to a psychiatrist and about a year later the psychiatrist scared me to death, he called and asked if I would come to his office, that it was about my brother and very important. Got to the office and he told me he couldn't tell me a lot about what was going on but felt it very important that I never be alone with my brother, always have a man with me as he was afraid he was going to hurt me. That scared me out of my mind. My poor brother spent the rest of his life in and out of mental institutions. His last six years he was paralyzed from a diabetic coma before the poor guy died and had some peace.

After all of that I still don't know what in the world can really be done to help them. Sadly I think some people are destined to have very sad lonely lives.

Prosperity: US Drops Out of Top Ten

John Hinderaker

12/17/12

Via InstaPundit, we learn that for the first time, the United States does not rank as one of the world’s ten most prosperous nations, as rated by London’s Legatum Institute. The authors of the report found that the U.S.’s slippage is being driven by “a decline in the number of US citizens who believe that hard work will get them ahead.” Well, they’re right: in Barack Obama’s America, hard work doesn’t cause you to get ahead; being politically connected does. We are all paying the price for the corruption of the Age of Obama.

Consistent with this finding is the fact that for the first time in history, the average Canadian is wealthier than the average American. Canada has a conservative government, and they have passed us like we are standing still. Which we are, at best.

All of which raises the question: do Barack Obama and his minions want America to be one of the world’s ten most prosperous countries? If you believe, as I do, that actions speak louder than words, the answer is No.

After all of that I still don't know what in the world can really be done to help them. Sadly I think some people are destined to have very sad lonely lives.

Have no fear our sisters and brothers on the Left have a plan to solve this...No idea what it is, but I'm sure they do....and I am equally sure it will be very expensive, and won't work.

Have no fear our sisters and brothers on the Left have a plan to solve this...No idea what it is, but I'm sure they do....and I am equally sure it will be very expensive, and won't work.

Valin, you are such a cynic. smile.png

Valin, you are such a cynic. smile.png

I prefer realist. I remember LBJ telling people about federal aid to education, "We Just Want To Help You."

How's that been working out?