Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

‘Star Wars’ actress: Date with Sen. Dodd brought wild questions from Sen. Kennedy

Holy Obi-Wan Kenobi!

“Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher claims the late Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) asked her some pretty frank questions while dining out with the star and former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.).

According to published excerpts from Fisher’s new book, “Shockaholic,” the entertainer, best known for her role as Princess Leia, was fresh out of her first stint in rehab and on a date with a then single Dodd back in 1985. Kennedy joined the pair at dinner in D.C..

Fisher writes, “Suddenly, Senator Kennedy, seated directly across from me, looked at me with his alert, aristocratic eyes and asked me a most surprising question. 'So,' he said, clearly amused, 'do you think you’ll be having sex with Chris at the end of your date?’”

The celeb adds, “Chris Dodd looked at me with an unusual grin hanging on his very flushed face.”

While Fisher writes that she calmly quipped to Kennedy, “Funnily enough, I won’t be having sex with Chris tonight…No that probably won’t happen…Thanks for asking, though,” the author claims that the rather candid line of questioning didn’t end there.

Fisher continues in her latest tome: “’Would you have sex with Chris in a hot tub?' Senator Kennedy asked me, perhaps as a way to say good night?”

“’I'm no good in water,’ I told him.”

Holy Obi-Wan Kenobi indeed! Do you think they will be talking about this on the MSM?

Occupy gradually eliminating themselves...

Vermont -- Man shot, wounded at protest encampment in Vermont

ATLANTA -- A homeless shelter that has been housing more than 100 "Occupy Atlanta" protesters has tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), WGCL-TV reported Thursday. At least two people at the Atlanta shelter have contracted the air-borne disease, a highly contagious bacterial infection that affects the lungs and other organ.

ATLANTA -- A homeless shelter that has been housing more than 100 "Occupy Atlanta" protesters has tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), WGCL-TV reported Thursday. At least two people at the Atlanta shelter have contracted the air-borne disease, a highly contagious bacterial infection that affects the lungs and other organ.

Wow! Just like the Tea Party!

OAKLAND, Calif. - A man has died after being shot just outside the Oakland encampment that anti-Wall Street protesters have occupied for the last month. Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan says the victim was pronounced dead at a local hospital Thursday evening, less than two hours after two groups of men got into a fight near the Occupy Oakland camp on a plaza near City Hall.

PJTV: Victor Davis Hanson on 2012 and the State of Conservatism

Thanks shoutGeee! Great VDH!

Registered Democrat? Whodathunkit?

I agree that if Obama wins, he has no need to campaign again & he will shovel the dirt over us, the Constitution & the American Republic.

Can we hope for a change to Romney/Cain 2012? [or Romney/Newt?]

Police were called to Salt Lake City’s Pioneer Park late Friday morning after a man, possibly one of the Occupy Salt Lake protesters, was found dead inside a tent.

Following a 911 call from the park at 10:11 a.m., police arrived and confirmed that a man had indeed died.

And so it continues. At this rate they won't have to be kicked out of the parks.

shout SrWoodchuck

"Can we hope for a change to Romney/Cain 2012? [or Romney/Newt?]"

What about Newt/Mitt? Newt the idea guy and Mitt the implementer.

RandyM!

The paper, by University of Tampa professor Marcus Arvan, claims to find "significant" correlations between key antisocial personality traits and bedrock conservative views, like opposition to gay marriage and support for capital punishment. Specifically, the research claims to find elements of narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism, also described as "deception," among test subjects.

Conservatives are more in touch with their lizard brains.....believe in DOMA.....defense of home, country & defenseless babies....and we like ourselves! Guilty! I'm no gay, pimpin', baby-killin' surrender monkey.

Research done with "online participants?" Wikipedialogically Certified?

There are some examples of this in the difference between OWS & the Tea Party......oh....no...wait.

Conservatives are more in touch with their lizard brains.....believe in DOMA.....defense of home, country & defenseless babies....and we like ourselves! Guilty! I'm no gay, pimpin', baby-killin' surrender monkey.

RM and I agrees with you 200%.

inbred2-3.jpg

RandyM!

The paper, by University of Tampa professor Marcus Arvan, claims to find "significant" correlations between key antisocial personality traits and bedrock conservative views, like opposition to gay marriage and support for capital punishment. Specifically, the research claims to find elements of narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism, also described as "deception," among test subjects.

Research done with "online participants?" Wikipedialogically Certified?

There are some examples of this in the difference between OWS & the Tea Party......oh....no...wait.

The OWS movement is Just Like The Tea Party Ok I am forced to admit there may one or two very minor differences.

Oregon Police Fear 'Occupy' Protesters Arming Themselves for Looming Confrontation

Maybe its just me, but I think giving a weeks warning to a group of drugged out lowlifes and thugs that you are going to take action is a bad plan. If you are going to force them out then surprise is a much better solution.

The Illinois Senate Thursday overrode Gov. Pat Quinn's veto of legislation allowing Illinoisans to legally scoop up road kill.

In action Thursday, senators voted 52-0 in favor of the proposed law, which is designed to allow people to collect dead mammals found on roadways.

Quinn vetoed the measure this summer saying he thought it was too dangerous to allow people to scurry out on streets and highways to collect the critters.

The measure requires the scavenger to only harvest the animals during the legal hunting or trapping season, with the required stamps and permits.

shoutPepper... I could see this from Alabama, but Illinois?

The Illinois Senate Thursday overrode Gov. Pat Quinn's veto of legislation allowing Illinoisans to legally scoop up road kill.

In action Thursday, senators voted 52-0 in favor of the proposed law, which is designed to allow people to collect dead mammals found on roadways.

Quinn vetoed the measure this summer saying he thought it was too dangerous to allow people to scurry out on streets and highways to collect the critters.

The measure requires the scavenger to only harvest the animals during the legal hunting or trapping season, with the required stamps and permits.

shoutPepper... I could see this from Alabama, but Illinois?

CV....Most people don't realize that most of Illinois is just as rural, and just as redneck, as Alabama. The popular Roadkill Cafe logos and cookbooks are Illinois inventions.

Argyle Clearvision

True dat. We're not like the North. We don't have universities staffed with administrators who could be NAMBLA charter members.