The Dangers of CFLs Even Greater Than Previously Known

Geee

the_dangers_of_cfls_even_great.html
American Thinker:

New evidence of CFLs causing fires -- even exploding -- as well as new environmental concerns have come to light since my article The CFL Fraud published. Here are some of the additional fires:

"I had one of these CFL's in my garage socket, and it blew a component (not the glass corkscrew) and caught fire. Fortunately, I was standing four feet away at the time. I turned off the power and smothered the bulb with a towel." LINK

"I heard a sizzling sound like bacon, looked in the direction of the sound and watch the CFL burst into flame with flames licking up onto the ceiling of my house." LINK

"I've had two burn through their base, leaving a hole large enough to stick my little finger in, and scorching the fixture. They are a fire hazard." LINK

"I've had TWO catch fire. I don't trust them. Plus they look silly." LINK

"I've had two CFLs explode on me. One in our bedroom overhead light.... I took a long time cleaning the bedspread and carpeting, because of fears of the mercury residue. Had another one explode in the family room." LINK

How was that bedspread cleaned? Was the person aware it must not be put in a washing machine, according to EPA, "because mercury may contaminate the machine and/or pollute sewage"? Was that person aware EPA also says never to use a vacuum cleaner to clean up a broken CFL on a carpet? Vacuuming will disperse mercury into the air and contaminate the vacuum cleaner, which for all practical purposes is impossible to decontaminate. LINKsnip

it's uncanny, it's almost as if GE was in on this Congressional mandate for us all to use CLF to begin with, it's as if they lobbied all of them long and hard ..oh wait

it's uncanny, it's almost as if GE was in on this Congressional mandate for us all to use CLF to begin with, it's as if they lobbied all of them long and hard ..oh wait

Oops! My bad! I thought this was about the Canadian Football League.

Go Winnipeg Blue Bombers! B)