D.C. Circuit Court Agrees to Hear Case on Barr’s Decision to Drop Charges against Michael Flynn

Geee

d-c-circuit-court-agrees-to-hear-case-on-barrs-decision-to-drop-charges-against-michael-flynn

The U.S. Appeals Court for the District of Columbia Circuit on Thursday vacated an earlier ruling by the court to dismiss the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

A majority of judges on the Circuit Court agreed to an en banc rehearing of the case against Flynn, meaning that all eleven of the court’s judges will oversee the case.

Previously, a panel of three Circuit Court judges voted 2-1 to order D.C. District Court judge Emmett Sullivan to dismiss the case against Flynn. Sullivan then filed an appeal to the Circuit Court for an en banc hearing.

The Circuit Court scheduled oral arguments before the judges for August 11.:snip:

Draggingtree

Horrible: Democrats on DC Circuit Court of Appeals Agree to Full En Banc Hearing of Flynn Case

—Ace

It's plain they're just trying to delay this until they can get a change of AG.

The entire Federal Appeals Court in Washington said on Thursday that it would take up a case involving Attorney General William P. Barr's decision to drop the prosecution of President Trump's former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, erasing a split decision by a three-judge panel in June ordering an immediate end to the case.

A terse order from the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit said that a majority of its members had voted to erase a June 24 panel decision ordering the immediate dismissal of the case against Mr. Flynn, and set oral arguments before the full court for Aug. 11.

A majority of the Court of Appeals' members are Democrats.

By the way, the DC Court of Appeals is the most important court in America, after the Supreme Court. That's because it's the court of appeals for almost every single case involving the US government, which of course is located in DC.

And of course it will be the court of appeals for most political trials.   :snip:     http://ace.mu.nu/archives/389375.php

For what its worth...........

D.C. Circuit will rehear the Flynn-Sullivan case en banc

Paul Mirengoff

July 30, 2020

(Snip)

To be sure, just because the D.C. Circuit agreed to rehear the case doesn’t mean it will overturn the panel’s ruling. However, if I were a betting man, that’s the outcome on which I would place my money.

(Snip)

______________________________________________________________________________________

OTOH Given what has happened in the case Nothing would surprise me.