'President doesn’t like what he’s seeing': Missouri governor says Trump might intervene in viral St. Louis couple's case

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
president-doesnt-like-what-hes-seeing-missouri-governor-says-trump-might-intervene-in-viral-st-louis-couples-case

The governor of Missouri said President Trump may intervene in the case of a St. Louis couple who went viral for wielding their guns at protesters marching through their gated community in late June.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey gained national attention for standing outside their home on the evening of June 28 while Black Lives Matter protesters came through their neighborhood to demonstrate outside the St. Louis mayor's home. St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner, a Democrat, said she was “alarmed” by the video of the McCloskeys brandishing their weapons, adding that her office was investigating the incident.

Republican Gov. Mike Parson said during a press conference Tuesday that Trump told him “he would do everything he could within his powers to help with this situation." He later said he was “thankful that [Trump's] going to stand up for people and their legal rights.”

Parson told reporters during the press conference that Trump “understands the situation in St. Louis and how out of control it is for a prosecutor to let violent criminals off and not do their job and try to attack law-abiding citizens."

“I think the president and the attorney general of the United States are going to take a look at it,” Parson said. “The president doesn’t like what he’s seeing and the way these people are being treated. I know the attorney general was represented on that phone call today, so I think you’ll see some sort of actions. I think they’re going to look into things.”

________

Presidential intervention?

July 22 2020

A highlight from our most recent stream where Robert Barnes and I discuss and break down the indictment against the Missouri couple who "brandished" firearms as a group of protesters apparently broke through the fences of their gated community in search of the Mayor's house for protest. Enjoy!

July 23 2020

Patricia and Mark McCloskey were indicted for "exhibiting" firearms in an "angry or threatening manner" at a group of protesters that made their way into their gated community. Is this justice of malicious prosecution? And is the law constitutional? The legal breakdown and the latest developments.