Independence Day and the 'Woke' Revolution

Geee

independence-day-and-woke-revolution-bruce-thornton

Not since the Civil War has Independence Day been celebrated amidst such threats to our country’s political heritage. The riots and bombings of the Sixties and Seventies were more lethal and destructive, but the political consensus from the center-left to the center-right––that the democratic process rather than violence should be the agent of change––hence rejected the revolutionary narrative of the New Left.

Today, however, the recent shift of the Democrats to their progressives and Marxist wing has put the authority and power of Congressmen, Democrat Party leaders, governors, mayors, city councils, media, corporations, sports teams, and entertainment industries on the side of rioters, vandals, and looters. The outfits behind this disorder, whether the self-proclaimed Marxists of Black Lives Matter, or the juvenile anarchists of Antifa, have with near impunity added widespread violence to illiberal tactics like “cancel culture”: the vandalism of public monuments and proscription of cultural artifacts; and the shaming, silencing, and ostracizing of dissenting voices.

The alleged “crisis” of racist police targeting black males for slaughter is in fact a specious pretext for this disorder, a Reichstag Fire for justifying a revolutionary political agenda to “burn down this system and replace it,” as a BLM honcho put it recently. This legitimizing of an illiberal political ideology and violent tactics by civic, business, and cultural leaders now threatens to dismantle the Constitutional order and American civic identity of which American exceptionalism and political freedom are the fruit.

:snip:

Activists prepare to storm DC in Independence Day weekend protests

Protesters plan to storm Washington, D.C., over Independence Day weekend with protests and demonstrations.

Activists in the most high profile of these events plan to protest the Emancipation Memorial in Lincoln Park. The memorial, which leaders of the local collective the Freedom Neighborhood claimed they would topple last week, has become a subject of national interest, with many people making a case both for and against the statue.

Glenn Foster, the leader of the Freedom Neighborhood, has promoted multiple protests against the memorial set for the days surrounding the July 4 weekend. In some of his material, he celebrated the fact that on Tuesday the Boston Arts Commission voted to remove an identical copy of the statue, which depicts President Abraham Lincoln freeing the slave Archer Alexander, from public display.

“The job is almost finished! Let’s get it D.C.!” Foster wrote in reference to his efforts to remove the memorial.:snip:

9 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Valin One of the main organizers of this group is Bill Kristol who was a Never Trumper before he was even elected. He was a Neo Conservative in the first place and is the definition of an elitist. As a result of his anti Trump campaign, his magazine and website 'The Weekly Standard' went under I believe - and still he continues. 

50 minutes ago, Geee said:

@Valin One of the main organizers of this group is Bill Kristol who was a Never Trumper before he was even elected. He was a Neo Conservative in the first place and is the definition of an elitist. As a result of his anti Trump campaign, his magazine and website 'The Weekly Standard' went under I believe - and still he continues. 

The Weekly Standard was one of the 1st Conservative sites to go down, because most of their subscribers/reads (myself among them) Left. If I want OMB I'll go to CNN.

I really don't want Republican Voters Against Trump Never Trumpers to go away, as long as I can tell them they are being silly. "Let A Hundred Flowers Bloom" Mao Zedong. Of course he didn't mean it...but I do.