PolyMet will appeal to Minnesota Supreme Court a lower court’s decision reversing mine permits

Valin

polymet-will-appeal-to-minnesota-supreme-court-a-lower-courts-decision-reversing-mine-permits

PolyMet Mining says it will ask the Minnesota Supreme Court to review a Monday Court of Appeals decision that reversed permits for its planned copper-nickel platinum (PGE) mine in the St. Louis River Watershed.

Scott McCallen

January 27, 2020

PolyMet Mining says it will ask the Minnesota Supreme Court to review a Monday Court of Appeals decision that reversed permits for its planned copper-nickel platinum (PGE) mine in the St. Louis River Watershed.

Monday’s decision reversed the company’s permit to mine and dam safety permits and ordered a contested-case hearing to vet objectors’ concerns.

Jon Cherry, president and chief executive officer of PolyMet, said Thursday that Monday’s decision will impact any company’s future projects in the state that require state-approved permits.

“The issues raised by the court of appeals’ decision are, of course, important to our project, but equally, they have far reaching impact to the State of Minnesota and to any future project that seeks permits from the state,” Cherry said in a news release.

(Snip)