Live: Trump speaks at March for Life, the first sitting US president to do so

Valin

UCXIJgqnII2ZOINSWNOGFThA

Jan. 24 2020

President Trump delivers remarks at the 47th annual March for Life. Trump will become the first sitting US president to attend the March for Life event.

Trump rocks March for Life: 'We declare that mothers are heroes

Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Friday, January 24, 2020

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

President Donald Trump, against the backdrop of an impeachment effort that’s been ongoing since Democrats realized he was about to be inaugurated, took a timeout from petty partisanship to speak of life — to make a historic, first-ever-for-a-president personal appearance at the March of Life in Washington, D.C. And he rocked it.

“When it comes to abortion,” Trump said, “Democrats have embraced the most radical and extreme positions taken and seen in this country.”

(Snip)

“The far left,” Trump said, “is actively working to erase our God-given rights … and silence Americans who believe in the sanctity of human life.”

Other highlights of his speech: “Every human soul is divine and every human soul, born and unborn, is made in the holy image of God. Together, we will defend this truth.”

And this: “We declare that mothers are heroes.”

And this: “Everyone standing here today understands the universal truth [that] every child is a precious and sacred gift from God.”

And this, to the massive swell of youth who were in the audience: “Young people are the heart of the March for Life. … You are powered by prayer and motivated by pure unselfish love.”

(Snip)

Newest Reality (6,649 posts)

4. One grows weary...

One grows weary of the same old wedge politics.

Let's see, we have cellphones, HD, particle accelerators, robots and automation, etc., etc., and we are hearing infantile, knee-jerk, reactionary rhetoric that is not about what it portends to be as much as it is about poking the lizard brains of people who are vulnerable and gullible.

Guns and Fetuses? Really? That's what is most important right now and the rest can all go to hell? That sounds more like a cult of insanity, especially in the 21st-century. I could see if it was 100-years ago.

I wish an antinatalist could debate the fetus fetish folks. I tend to agree with antinatalism as a rather rational approach.

atreides1 (14,945 posts)

17. Uh huh

They're also not all that supportive of the US Constitution either...I like to call these people Alt-Americans!!! They're mainly Americans because they were born here...but they only play at believing in the US and the Constitution!

Many are still members of a church that for centuries taught that it was the Jews who killed Christ, and for decades did nothing as pedophile priests were allowed to molest children...

These people would sell their souls to the Devil, if they thought it would help their cause...and in a way they have!!

I don't like them, I don't trust them, and I believe that they will betray this country in a heartbeat...if the ground were to open up tomorrow and swallow every single one of them...it wouldn't bother me in the least!!!

DU

:wallbash: