A Story That Makes You Proud to Be an American

Valin

thread-a-story-that-makes-you-proud-to-be-an-american.php

Steven Hayward

Jan. 19 2020

While we await the start of today’s *conference championship games, I came across a story from a few months back that just makes you want to stand up and salute our armed forces even more than usual:

US troops drink Iceland capital’s entire beer supply in one weekend

More than 6,000 soldiers were in Reykjavik for four days participating in the Trident Juncture 18 – a NATO-led military exercise. After their drills, the troops reportedly visited the city’s downtown bars, where they finished off the entire beer supply.

According to Icelandinc magazine Visir, the brewery Ölgerð Egils Skallagrímssonar had to send emergency beer cases to the bars. Bar owners reportedly said they have never experienced a situation similar to this before.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in Korea 12 month 30 days 16 hours 47 minutes 22 seconds...(not that I was counting :D) of that time I was sober...4 maybe 5 months.

When you got your DEROS orders you got a bottle of Seagrams VO removed the ribbon from the neck threw the cap away and drank it. You could then roll up a copy of your DEROS orders tie it with a ribbon and put it in your sleeve pocket. That let everyone know you were SHORT! "I'm so short I've got to look up to see down."

* Who is playing?