Former Iranian Crown Prince: ‘Islamic Republic Regime Could Be Months Away from Collapse’

Geee

I came across a brief report from i24News, a media outlet located in Tel Aviv, Israel which covers news in Israel and throughout the Middle East. It had been a featured article on The Bongino Report  which offers a unique perspective on the situation currently unfolding in Iran. I found that several other media outlets, including The Washington Examiner and The Jerusalem Post had reported on the story and incorporated interesting bits from those accounts into this post.

Former Iranian crown prince Reza Pahlavi, son of the late Shah, spoke at an event held by the Hudson Institute, a Washington-based think tank, last week. Pahlavi has lived in exile in the U.S. since his father’s government was overthrown and currently resides in Maryland.

Pahlavi called on U.S. and European leaders “to abandon any thoughts of negotiations with Tehran. Instead, he maintained that Trump should make regime change the goal of the “maximum pressure” campaign that U.S. officials have orchestrated since the withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear deal.”:snip:

• Like 1

Not sure Mr. Trump will take Pahlavi's advice. "Regime change in Iran" doesn't sound like a Trumpian goal at all! However, the continuing economic pressures his administration has placed on Iran may accomplish that anyway, by encouraging change from within the country. Followed by our response to the violent suppression of protestors in Tehran, and elsewhere in Iran...

4 minutes ago, DrPatReads said:

Not sure Mr. Trump will take Pahlavi's advice. "Regime change in Iran" doesn't sound like a Trumpian goal at all! However, the continuing economic pressures his administration has placed on Iran may accomplish that anyway, by encouraging change from within the country. Followed by our response to the violent suppression of protestors in Tehran, and elsewhere in Iran...

Not sure if we have to have a lot to do with it. We never know what's going on 'behind the curtain' that the administration is privy to. I agree that P Trump is not in to manipulating other countries, but he may know other things not really involving us that are happening behind the scenes - such as what happened when the  Shah was overthrown by Khomeni in the first place. We may not have to lift a finger militarily, but Im sure the sanctions and support with words helps.

• Like 1