Sen. Cruz Schools NBC's Chuck Todd on Investigations and Corruption

Geee

sen-cruz-goes-to-bat-for-trump-he-has-the-authority-to-investigate-corruption-you-know-n2557658

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) defended President Donald Trump's call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a Sunday interview with NBC News' Chuck Todd. According to Cruz, any president has the "authority" to investigate corruption. 

"Do you believe that what the president did with Ukraine was somehow tough on Russia?" Todd asked. "Or didn't the president, just by introducing all of this delayed aid, play into the hands of Russia?"

"You know, Chuck, substance matters," Cruz replied. "By any measure, the president's policy, this administration's policy, has been tougher on Russia, and actually, better for Ukraine than Obama's was."

Cruz cited the Trump administration providing Ukraine with military aid as one example of how the president's policy is far superior than the Obama administration's and better for Ukraine.

"The Donald Trump administration gave lethal defense aid to Ukraine, javelin missiles to take out Russia tanks," the Texas senator explained. "During the Obama administration I repeatedly pressed President Obama to give lethal aid to Ukraine. I traveled to Ukraine. I went to the Maidan Square in Kiev and they needed lethal aid but the Obama administration, they sent teddy bears and MREs. They wouldn't actually give weapons.":snip:

'You do?': Chuck Todd laughs at Ted Cruz during spat about Ukrainian meddling in 2016 elections

MSNBC host Chuck Todd mocked Texas Sen. Ted Cruz after he defended his Republican colleague Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy’s claims that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election.

During a Meet the Press interview on Sunday, Todd asked Cruz bluntly, “Do you believe Ukraine meddled in the election in 2016.”

Cruz paused, then responded, “I do, and I think there’s considerable evidence.”

“You do?” Todd responded as laughter broke out from the set of his show.:snip: