2020 Dems Demand Steve King’s Resignation over Remarks on Incest and Rape

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
2020-dems-demand-steve-kings-resignation-over-remarks-on-incest-and-rape

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) is under fire over remarks made about rape and incest during a Westside Conservative Club meeting Wednesday, triggering a handful of 2020 Democrat candidates to call for his resignation.

King – who was attempting to make the case for pro-life legislation that excludes exceptions for rape and incest – told the Westside Conservative Club Wednesday that rape and incest have existed throughout human history and argued that the circumstances – no matter how bleak – should not result in the termination of an innocent child.

“What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?” King said, according to the Des Moines Register.

“Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can’t say that I was not a part of a product of that,” he continued.

“It’s not the baby’s fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother,” he added.

________

Taken out of context?