What Do You Do When Mental Health Professionals Treating Trump Derangement Syndrome Have TDS Themselves?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
what-do-you-do-when-mental-health-professionals-treating-trump-derangement-syndrome-have-tds-themselves

I must confess that the absurdities that are the product of the left's Trump Derangement Syndrome continue to astound and amuse me. Neither response is probably good or helpful, though. At this point, I shouldn't be astounded at the depths of stupidity to which leftists afraid of Donald Trump will descend. In a similar vein, I shouldn't be amused by TDS because it has real-world consequences, but more on that in a bit. In a recent article, the Washingtonian laid bare, albeit unintentionally, the troubling levels of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

The article, titled "DC Types Have Been Flocking to Shrinks Ever Since Trump Won. And a Lot of the Therapists Are Miserable," can be summed up with this frightening pull-quote:

The National Association of Social Workers’ code of ethics describes “social justice” as a primary core value of the profession, and all the social workers I spoke to (as well as many of the psychologists) viewed this work as fundamental: How can you heal an individual without also seeking to heal the culture?

In a nutshell, many of this country's mental health providers believe that President Trump, and by extension conservatives, are an illness infecting our nation.

The article begins with a creepy retelling of a group of leftists coming undone during Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation process.

One afternoon last fall, Gail Guttman, a therapist who works in Northwest DC and Montgomery County, was teaching a workshop on couples and sex therapy that took a highly unusual turn. During a break, her students—all licensed therapists themselves, in the class to hone their skills—went into the hallway and checked their phones for the first time since lunch. Some came back crying.

It was September 28, the day after Christine Blasey Ford testified in Congress that Brett Kavanaugh had assaulted her in high school, and the media was now reporting that his Supreme Court nomination would advance to the full Senate for a vote. Many of the therapists in Guttman’s class worked with sexual-assault survivors. Some had past traumas of their own. The news was crushing. Suddenly, no one could concentrate on the lessons at hand.

A group of mental health professionals couldn't handle the news that a capable judge who has not been convicted of a crime (nor charged, for that matter) was confirmed to the United States Supreme Court. Be bothered by Kavanaugh's politics and ideological positions, if you must. Cling to the stubborn and refuted belief that he did bad things when he was a kid, if you insist. But to be reduced to the inability to concentrate reveals a childish level of narcissism that is dangerous. Unfortunately, as the meat of the Washingtonian article points out, the problem is that those blinded by Trump Derangement Syndrome are leading others blinded by Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

_______

The insane leading the insane...