Anderson Cooper notices Beto O'Rourke has a lot of merchandise on his website, not a lot of substance

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
anderson-cooper-notices-beto-orourke-has-a-lot-of-merchandise-on-his-website-not-a-lot-of-substance

CNN's Anderson Cooper noted that Beto O'Rourke, who announced his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday, has a lot of merchandise on his website, but not a lot about his political policy preferences.

Cooper was speaking to Joe Hagan of Vanity Fair, who was criticized for his fawning article on the candidate.

Hagan opined that O'Rourke had gained name recognition from unsuccessfully attempting to unseat Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas), but that he needed to prove that he has substance to back up the popularity.

"It does seem like, he's sort of, for many people, they may know the name, uh, but there, it's kind of a blank slate in terms, maybe it's like a ror—like you can project your own ideas onto who he actually is," Cooper said.

"Yes," agreed Hagan.

"If you go to his campaign website, there's a lot of stuff for sale I noticed today, t-shirts, there's like a tote bag," Cooper added.

"There's really not anything there on policy positions," he continued. "Do, do, are his policy positions thought out?"

"Well I press him on a few of them," responded Hagan. "And I would say he has opinions about things, but you know the more you press him on things, the fuzzier he gets.

________

The fuzzy candidate?