Kavanaugh denies sexual assault allegations on Fox News

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
kavanaugh-sexual-assault-allegations-fox-838112

Judge Brett Kavanaugh on Monday took to cable news to offer another forceful defense against allegations of sexual assault from his time in high school and college that are imperiling his odds of ascending to the Supreme Court.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Kavanaugh, accompanied by his wife, Ashley Estes Kavanaugh,told Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum in a pre-recorded interview.

“I’m not going to let false accusations drive us out of this process, and we’re looking for a fair process where I can be heard and defend my integrity, my lifelong record,” he added. “My lifelong record of promoting dignity and equality for women, starting with the women who knew me when I was 14 years old.”

The broadcast marks the most extraordinary escalation yet of the full-court press by the White House and congressional Republicans to salvage Kavanaugh’s nomination. He is already set to testify before senators later this week on the allegations.

“I want a fair process where I can defend my integrity,” Kavanaugh told MacCallum. “I know I’m telling the truth. I know my lifelong record, and I’m not going to let false accusations drive me out of this process. I have faith in God and I have faith in the fairness of the American people.”

________

Keep the faith?