Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valin

Just When You Think Things Can't Get Any Nuttier

101 posts in this topic

Horton Hears a Problematic Who

Mark Steyn

Mar. 5 2019

Yesterday I did double-duty on radio and television. First up was three hours of substitute-host-level Excellence in Broadcasting on America's Number One radio show. You can find a few moments from Monday's program here.

Afterwards it was on to telly and Tucker - and the question of whether Dr Seuss is "problematic" (with a side order of performance drugs for card games). Click below to watch:

 

(Snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Valin said:

Horton Hears a Problematic Who

Mark Steyn

Mar. 5 2019

Yesterday I did double-duty on radio and television. First up was three hours of substitute-host-level Excellence in Broadcasting on America's Number One radio show. You can find a few moments from Monday's program here.

Afterwards it was on to telly and Tucker - and the question of whether Dr Seuss is "problematic" (with a side order of performance drugs for card games). Click below to watch:

 

(Snip)

Dr. Suess, Good Lord, can't these people find something constructive to do?!  In the words of the late, great WWF wrestler and commentator, Gorilla Monsoon, (to these idiots with too much time on their hands) "will you stop?!"

Doping and bridge, well I almost lost my left hand to infection after cutting the pinky side open in 2003 and for pain I was prescribed percoset, an opioid.  Didn'e need it for my hand but caught a bad cold soon after I was released from hospital, I coughed so hard, I pulled a rib or two and was painful.  I took percoset and 2 minutes later, I keeled over on my bed while playing Playstation.  I woke up with the control in my hands laying on my back and my cat laying on my legs.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NowhereMan1966

"Dr. Suess, Good Lord, can't these people find something constructive to do?!"

:thumbup:

Well it appears the nation has solved problems #1 through #296,540 we are down to the problem of (cue the theme from Jaws) Dr. Suess.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Valin said:

@NowhereMan1966

"Dr. Suess, Good Lord, can't these people find something constructive to do?!"

:thumbup:

Well it appears the nation has solved problems #1 through #296,540 we are down to the problem of (cue the theme from Jaws) Dr. Suess.

I keep thinking of the old Styx song from circa 1979-1981, "Too much time on my hands."

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to our world, Nancy Pelosi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran Appointed to U.N. Women’s Rights Committee

Adam Kredo
March 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Iran, one of the top human rights abusers in the world, has been awarded a seat on a key United Nations committee that oversees complaints about the global abuse of women.

An announcement by the U.N. on Wednesday said that Iran and Nigeria, another country that is no stranger to human rights abuses, would be promoted to the international organization’s Committee on the Status of Women, which oversees abuses committed by oppressive states, such as Iran and Nigeria.

Foreign policy observers on Twitter were quick to condemn the decision and bemoaning the U.S. taxpayer dollars that are used to fund such committees.

(Snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parents caught up in the college admissions scandal are hiring a consultant to see if they're 'cut out for prison'

Apr. 3 2019

Parents who have been charged in the college admissions scandal are speaking with a prison consultant to learn more bout incarceration.

Justin Paperny, a former stock broker who was incarcerated for fraud, told CBS News that he's in talks with several parents accused of paying bribes up to $6.5 million to get their children into top universities.

Paperny said he has been hired by one parent and speaking with several others, but he has not revealed which parents he is in contact with.

"They're scared and it's 'Can I survive in prison? Am I cut out for prison?'" Paperny said. "What's most surprising to me about the first conversation is how many of them didn't view their actions as criminal."

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees stop playing Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America' over concerns some of her other work was racist

Diana Stancy Correll

April 19, 2019

The New York Yankees have stopped playing Kate Smith's version of “God Bless America” at home games over concerns some of her other recordings might be racist.

Smith’s signature 1939 recording of the Irving Berlin song has been a mainstay of the Yankees' seventh-inning stretch since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. But the team replaced Smith's version earlier this season with a rotation of other recordings of the song after someone pointed out some of the popular World War II-era singer's other work.

“That’s Why Darkies Were Born” includes the lyrics, "Someone had to pick the cotton. … That’s why darkies were born.” The song might have been interpreted as satirical at the time, since it was recorded with African American artist Paul Robeson.

(Snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Valin said:

Yankees stop playing Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America' over concerns some of her other work was racist

Diana Stancy Correll

April 19, 2019

The New York Yankees have stopped playing Kate Smith's version of “God Bless America” at home games over concerns some of her other recordings might be racist.

Smith’s signature 1939 recording of the Irving Berlin song has been a mainstay of the Yankees' seventh-inning stretch since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. But the team replaced Smith's version earlier this season with a rotation of other recordings of the song after someone pointed out some of the popular World War II-era singer's other work.

“That’s Why Darkies Were Born” includes the lyrics, "Someone had to pick the cotton. … That’s why darkies were born.” The song might have been interpreted as satirical at the time, since it was recorded with African American artist Paul Robeson.

(Snip)

 

Power Line

Screen-Shot-2019-04-19-at-8.11.12-PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oxford Professor Argues Invisible Aliens Are Interbreeding With Humans

The Oxford Student has learnt that Dr Young-hae Chi, Professor at Oxford’s Oriental Institute, believes in a strong correlation between climate change and alien abductions.

In 2012, Dr Chi gave a lecture at the the Ammach Conference, titled ‘Alien Abduction and the Environmental Crisis’ in which he outlined his theory concerning the presence of aliens on earth.  Dr Chi began his lecture with the statement that “perhaps human civilisation is coming to an end”.  

In his fifty-five minute presentation he cited Dr David Jacobs, an ‘abduction researcher’ in the US, who argued that aliens’ primary purpose is to colonise the earth, by interbreeding with humans to produce a new hybrid species. Second generation ‘hybrids’ are, according to Jacobs, walking unobserved among us.

Dr Chi argued that “it is not only scientists and theologians, but also non-human species who appear to be greatly concerned about the survivability of the human species”. He pointed out that the timing of aliens’ appearance coincides with the earth facing major problems, climate change and nuclear weapons in particular.  He concludes that “it may be more or less assumed that the hybrid project is a response to this impending demise of human civilisation”.

He went on to argue that if we act now on climate change, “not only can we save ourselves, but also prove aliens wrong in their judgement of our moral capacity”.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

H/T Steven Hayward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox News Goes Fake: Largely ignored story of our times is that not only has Fox News gone over to the enemy's side, they're trying to take their viewers with them

Fox News Stumping for 2020 Hillary Clinton?

By Judi McLeod

Fox News Stumping for 2020 Hillary Clinton?It wasn’t CNN or MSNBC that resurrected Hillary Clinton in a perky picture over a story indicating that Obama’s former Secretary of State may be running for 2020 election, it was—FOX NEWS.

When’s the last time anyone saw a front page picture of Clinton being presented as perky?

Today, on Fox News is when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, Draggingtree said:

Fox News Goes Fake: Largely ignored story of our times is that not only has Fox News gone over to the enemy's side, they're trying to take their viewers with them

Fox News Stumping for 2020 Hillary Clinton?

By Judi McLeod

Fox News Stumping for 2020 Hillary Clinton?It wasn’t CNN or MSNBC that resurrected Hillary Clinton in a perky picture over a story indicating that Obama’s former Secretary of State may be running for 2020 election, it was—FOX NEWS.

When’s the last time anyone saw a front page picture of Clinton being presented as perky?

Today, on Fox News is when.

 

Just the kind of thing I have come to expect from Canada Free Press.

Click Bait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Environmentalist BLASTS C.S. Lewis's 'Chronicles Of Narnia' For 'Miseducating' The Public About Beavers

Emily Zanotti

June 4 2019

The United Kingdom is suddenly bereft of beavers and apparently it's all C.S. Lewis's fault.

 

The Times of London and the Daily Mail report that a certain Mr. Ben Goldfarb is on a crusade to reintroduce the mighty beaver to Great Britain, and is finding that "The Chronicles of Narnia," which features a married beaver couple (named, appropriately, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver), is standing in his way.

In Lewis's iconic tale of a fantasyland accessed through the back of a magical wardrobe, the beaver pair is depicted as sharing a hot fish supper with the some of the book's human characters. But in real life, beavers, Goldfarb says, don't eat fish — they have a strictly herbivorous diet despite the fact that they live in mostly fish-friendly areas.

(Snip)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodgeball isn't just problematic, it's an unethical tool of 'oppression': researchers

The moral problem is that dodgeball encourages students to aggressively single others out for dominance, and to enjoy that dominance as a victory

Thousands of academics are gathering in Vancouver for the annual Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences from June 1-7. They will present papers on everything from child marriage in Canada to why dodgeball is problematic. In its Oh, The Humanities! series, the National Post showcases some of the most interesting research.

(Snip)

When the Canadian Society for the Study of Education meets in Vancouver at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, a trio of education theorists will argue that dodgeball is not only problematic, in the modern sense of displaying hierarchies of privilege based on athletic skill, but that it is outright “miseducative.”

(Snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago's Field Museum Now Insists You Refer To Its T-Rex Skeleton Using Gender Neutral Pronouns

Emily Zanotti

June 11 2019

gettyimages-187783745.jpg?itok=pDdMXqPI

(Snip)

According to Arc Digital, "Sue," Field Museum's Tyrannosaurus Rex — one of the most complete and largest T-Rex skeletons ever discovered — is working on becoming a "gender neutral" icon by adopting gender-neutral pronouns in her new private exhibit on the museum's second floor.

Sue is not, in fact, gender neutral or gender fluid. The T-Rex skeleton, discovered in South Dakota in the 1990s, was either male or female. The scientists who discovered Sue believed the skeleton belonged to a female because female T-Rexes are larger than male T-Rexes, and Sue was one of the largest dinosaur skeletons ever found; she's named "Sue" after Susan Hendrickson, who led the team that unearthed her.

(Snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0