To Hillary from White Married Women

Valin

to-hillary-from-white-married-women

Julie Kelly

March 13, 2018

Dear Hillary:

Hey, girl. Good to see you up and about these days. I hear India is lovely this time of year. Watch those steps!

So, listen—we need to talk. I think it’s time you heard directly from some white, married women about why we didn’t vote for you. You can trust me. Like you, I grew up in the Chicago suburbs. Like you, I was raised in a home where dad was a Republican businessman and mom was a homemaker. Like you, I was smitten with politics early on: You fell for Barry Goldwater, I fell for Ronald Reagan. But unlike you, I stayed in Illinois, attended a public college downstate (gross, right?) and settled down in the suburbs. You went on to the Ivy League, married Bill, settled down in some swanky public housing for a few decades and, well, we know the rest of the story.

(Snip)

I have written before about why nearly all of the women I know voted for Donald Trump. I followed up with a few more reasons after his first 100 days. After your most recent comments, I asked several friends to respond. This is by no means a scientific poll, but maybe it will give you some insight as to why you lost our vote. And it might sting:

“She’s phony, not genuine, cares only for herself, corrupt to the core. I just hope she keeps talking . . . this kind of comment is what got Trump elected.”

“I did not vote for her because she is a crook and a liar and will do any means to pursue her own agenda.”

“I didn’t vote for Hillary because she’s a hypocrite who used her husband’s political career to advance her own—a true irony of her brand of feminism.”

“I didn¹t vote for Hillary because I thought she was corrupt and couldn’t be trusted.”

“I did not vote for Hillary Clinton because I think she is a crook. I wanted an outsider to stir things up and I am so glad I voted for Trump.”

“The video of her dressed like a pilgrim supporting her cheating husband and blaming the right wing conspiracy will haunt me forever.  She is that woman who voted the way her husband told her.” (My friends are funny.)

Everyone said the Comey letter had no influence on their vote. And then this sidebar from one woman: “I tell my husband how to vote, you condescending hag.”

Ouch.

(Snip)

• Like 2

Somewhat Related.............

Of late there has been a lot of talk (by talk I mean hand ringing furrowed brows) about why Republicans are losing midterm/special elections in districts that Donald Trump won handily. One reason might be they are not running against Hillary Clinton, one of (if not The) the worst presidential candidates I've ever seen. Just saying.

• Like 2

Hillary Clinton: ‘I meant no disrespect’ to white female voters

Caitlin Yilek

March 19, 2018

Hillary Clinton doubled down on her controversial comments that white Republican women only voted for President Trump because the men in their lives pressured them to, while trying to explain why she made the remarks.

In a lengthy Facebook post Saturday, Clinton said she hates sharing the anecdote and she didn’t realize “how hard it would hit many who heard it.”

“As much as I hate the possibility, and hate saying it, it’s not that crazy when you think about our ongoing struggle to reach gender balance — even within the same household,” Clinton wrote.

Clinton believes that some women question a powerful woman’s ability to lead and would choose to vote for a male candidate that their husband is backing instead. Clinton cited her own experience, saying voters saw her in a more favorable light when she was working for or defending a man than when she was running as a candidate.

“It may not be universally true or easy to hear, but yes, it’s a dynamic still at play in our society,” Clinton argued.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stupid.jpg?resize=233,216

2 hours ago, nickydog said:

Baloney!  She meant all the disrespect she could conjure up!

What was your 1st clue? Mine was the second she opened her yappper.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valin said:

mrz031818-color-1-8mb_orig.jpg?resize=76

:lmfao:  I especially like the shoe that has fallen off and the tennis ball that has come off the walker.

• Like 1