Matt Lauer fired from NBC over alleged inappropriate sexual behavior

Geee

NBC “Today Show” host Matt Lauer has been fired from the network after alleged inappropriate sexual behavior.
NBC News chief Andrew Lack said in a statement that a colleague had come forward reporting behavior in violation of the company’s standards.

Savannah Guthrie announced the termination on the “Today Show” on Wednesday morning.:snip:

59 minutes ago, Valin said:

Geee

I'm just stunned :mellow:

I have many a tin foil thought about why all of these allegations are coming out now. There have been rumblings about some of these people for years and when some of these others are revealed, one after the other suddenly coming forward to accuse also. 

Why so many more liberal revelations vs conservative ? IMHO -Because most of the time if their is a hint of any allegation against a conservative - he's toast.  But liberals - Hollywood, Media, Politics have been pretty much insulated. Why is the veil being lifted now? By who? And for what purpose?? 

22 minutes ago, Geee said:

I have many a tin foil thought about why all of these allegations are coming out now. There have been rumblings about some of these people for years and when some of these others are revealed, one after the other suddenly coming forward to accuse also. 

* Why so many more liberal revelations vs conservative ? IMHO -Because most of the time if their is a hint of any allegation against a conservative - ** he's toast.  But liberals - Hollywood, Media, Politics have been pretty much insulated. Why is the veil being lifted now? By who? And for what purpose?? 

Well Said. I do wonder just how many men in politics/entertainment will be left standing when this is done.

* Recall how Mike Pence was taken to task by our "betters" when he would not meet with a woman alone. Soooo old fashioned.

** Unless he's running for a Senate seat from Alabama. What if Roy was running as a Democrat? Would so many on our side be so quick to defend him?

When these kind of scandals occur I am reminded of Jesse Ventura when he was running for governor. He was asked if he ever smoked grass, the media thinking to raise an issue. His answer was (I paraphrase) "Oh Hell Yes! And I inhaled." End of "Issue".  

More Details About Complaints Against Matt Lauer Spell Trouble For NBC News

"... they complained to executives at the network about Lauer's behavior, which fell on deaf ears ..."

James Barrett

November 30, 2017

NBC News has a full-fledged crisis on its hands. As more details emerge about former "Today" show host Matt Lauer's alleged serial "inappropriate sexual behavior" at the workplace, more questions emerge about what the company knew and when.

In the memo NBC News chairman Andrew Lack sent to employees on Wednesday announcing the firing of Lauer, he stated unequivocally that it was "the first complaint about his behavior in the over twenty years he's been here at NBC News."

However, Variety's report on Wednesday detailing some of the growing list of allegations against Lauer for sexual misconduct cites three unnamed NBC staffers who say "they complained to executives at the network about Lauer's behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding 'Today.'" Here's the passage:

(Snip)

• 1 year later...