Al Franken admits 'I crossed a line' after groping allegations

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
al-franken-admits-crossed-line-after-groping-allegations.html

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., issued an apology to the people of his state Thursday and said he was "committed to regaining their trust" after four women accused him of groping them in separate incidents between 2006 and 2010.

"I'm a warm person; I hug people," Franken said in his statement. "I've learned from recent stories that in some of these encounters, I crossed a line for some women -- and I know that any number is too many."

"I feel terribly that I've made some women feel badly," he added, "and for that I am so sorry, and I want to make sure that never happens again."

Franken's new statement was released on Thanksgiving afternoon, hours after an article published by The Huffington Post detailed claims by two women who said Franken grabbed their buttocks during campaign events in 2007 and 2008. One of the women described Franken as "a serial groper," and admitted that she voted for him despite the incident.

________

It depends on what the meaning of "creep" is...

Franken: Just very, very sorry

Scott Johnson

Nov.27 2017

Last night CBS Minnesota broadcast excerpts of the interview Al Franken gave to anchor/reporter Esme Murphy at his daughter’s home in Washington, where he rode out the storm over the long Thanksgiving weekend during which he issued laughable and inconsistent statements on his misconduct. CBS Minnesota has posted the broadcast report (video below, about six minutes) and a companion summary here. It has also posted the entire 33-minute interview. If you have been following this story, the whole thing is must viewing; I have posted it at the bottom. My comments below are based on the full interview.

Here is the broadcast report that excerpts the highlights of Murphy’s interview.

Esme loves Democrats in general and Minnesota Democrats in particular. On her local Sunday morning show she has fawned over Franken. She has fawned over Amy Klobuchar. She has fawned over Keith Ellison. In this interview, however, she was uncharacteristically confrontational with someone she admires.

She came to the interview prepared. She had reviewed the women’s statements alleging Franken’s misconduct. She had studied Franken’s various “apologies.” Watching Franken respond to her questions, I can see the wheels spinning. As she bores in, he tries to remember or to calculate: what’s my line?

(Snip)