Sen. Jeff Sessions endorses Donald Trump

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
donald-trump-jeff-sessions-endorsementCNN:

Madison, Alabama (CNN)Sen. Jeff Sessions on Sunday became the first sitting senator to endorse Donald Trump, declaring his support for the Republican front-runner during a rally at a football stadium here.

The endorsement from the Alabama Republican known for his opposition to illegal immigration will solidify Trump's attempts to position himself as the Republican presidential candidate with the toughest stance on the issue.

The endorsement comes two days before the crucial Super Tuesday primary when Alabama and a dozen other states, mostly in the South, vote.

"At this time in American history we need to make America great again," Sessions told the raucous crowd, echoing Trump's signature line. "I am pleased to endorse Donald Trump for president of the United States."

Trump embraced the endorsement from Sessions.

"We want strong borders," Trump said. "We want the wall."

Sessions' endorsement has been months in the making. Speculation of a potential endorsement has swirled since Sessions appeared with Trump at his massive rally in Mobile, Alabama last summer and donned a "Make America Great Again" cap.

The Alabama senator then advised Trump as he crafted and ultimately published proposals to reform the U.S. immigration system. And last month Sessions' communications director Stephen Miller joined Trump's team as a policy adviser.

________

Conservative cred?

righteousmomma

The article I mentioned on The Porch from http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-endorses-2016-2 :

"Senator Sessions added, “I am thrilled today to offer my endorsement of Donald J. Trump for President. This election is our last chance to save U.S. sovereignty and to end the domination of the political establishment over the interests of working Americans. Trump alone has rejected the donor class, defending America’s jobs and wages from open borders, uncontrolled immigration and the massive Trans-Pacific Partnership that will cede U.S. authority to foreign powers. Trump’s trade and immigration plans will revitalize our shrinking middle class, keeping jobs and wealth and income inside the United States of America. Trump understands that a nation must always place the interests of its own people first.”

Senator Sessions continued, “We are nearing fast the point of no return. The people are hurting. Their wages are declining. Their schools are overburdened. Their hospitals are stretched past the breaking point. Crime is up, and community confidence is down. Americans of all backgrounds and ethnicities, immigrant and US-born, are crying out for leadership that puts their needs first, that takes care of those living and dreaming here today, leadership that understands that there is no constituency other than the American constituency. Mr. Trump is that leader.

We are witnessing an incredible movement, arising from the people.

The events of history have aligned to give the people this fleeting chance to bust up the oligarchy – to take back control from the ‘Masters of the Universe’ return it to the good and decent and patriotic citizens of the United States.”

I do feel sorry for Cruz. He has been vilified relentlessly while he is the ONLY one who has done what the people sent him to DC to do. He also is a an originalist on the Constitution and has a world view based on God - of the Bible.

• Like 2