Coffee Shop

Rheo

Senate Appropriations Committee Approves Trade Sanctions Against Any Country That Offers Asylum To Snowden

The US government certainly looks impotent against this one guy. Snowden made more than a few people finally ask some questions about warrantless government intrusion. Snowden is no saint, but the people screaming loudest for his head have my contempt, that includes Republicans as well as Democrats.

SrWoodchuck

Another emotional moment.....as a pet owner....who has been away for 6 months returns.....get out the hanky.......

Ayotte, McCaskill, Female Vets Push Back Against Gillibrand Amendment

MICHAEL WARREN

Jul 26, 2013

On Thursday, Republican senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire and Democratic senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri joined with several female veterans of the armed forces to speak out against a proposal that would create a new justice system for serious military prosecutions, independent of military commanders. The proposal is found in an amendment championed by Democratic senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, but McCaskill, Ayotte, and others said the chain of command must be maintained if the stated goal of the Gillibrand amendment--to reduce sexual assaults in the military--is to be achieved.

(Snip)

I am Ashamed to admit I missed this

Strategypage Anniversary

Today is our birthday, as Strategypage went live on July 24th in 1999. Below are ten (not the top ten, as who can decide) days for Strategy page over the last 14 years.

Strategy page is and has been for a very long time one of mu favorite sites.

I'm going to go hang my head in shame now.

Bad Valin...Bad Valin. No Soup For You!

The Week in Pictures: Royal Weiner Edition

Steven Hayward

7/27/13

I really wanted to label this weeks image roundup after George Alexander Louis, the newest Windsor, but quite obviously the most royal dick in politics trumps everything this week. Besides, I cant get a modified version of the old Oscar Meyer ad jingle out of my head:

Oh I wish I were an Anthony Weiner,

That is what Id truly like to be-e-e,

For if I were an Anthony Weiner,

Everyone would be laugh-ing at me.

(Snip)

573x420xSeiner-buthead-copy.jpg.pagespee

(Snip)

580x499xLimp-Weiner-copy-600x517.jpg.pag

(Snip)

580x270xZimmerman-to-BenGhazi-copy-600x2

(Snip)

556x420xGOP-and-Obamacare-copy.jpg.pages

(Snip)

580x276xRoyal-Baby2-copy-600x286.jpg.pag

(Snip)

477x403xTen-Comments-copy1.jpg.pagespeed

(Snip)

• Like 2

@Valin

Great Zimmerman > Ben Ghazi image

I wish this whole Zimmermn story would just go away.

There's a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge

"Gunny Highway: With all due respect, sir, you're beginning to bore the hell out of me"

The Race Card game is really getting old!

The next time one of these clowns gets up on their hind legs and starts spewing this crap I wish someone in their audience would stand up and tell them to have a nice cup of STFU.

ENOUGH! its not 1937 any more.

/rant!

wallbash.gif

Last week I was talking to the man who had done our lawn service faithfully for over 16 years. He is a hardworking small businessman who is sickened by what is happening to our country. I was wearing a tee shirt my son had given me with a "somewhat" crude message about Obama.

He noticed another man with a different yard service several houses down and motioned him to come and see my shirt. This man was 40ish and said that he was terrified for the future of his 15 and 17 year old kids. He asked if I used the "internet". I said sure. He told me to find a 1985 interview with Yuri Bezmenov if I wanted to understand what has happened to our country and why we see what we see today.

This gives me hope that "middle class"... "working Americans"... in "Flyover Country" understand the state of our country and what we have to face.

This 1985 interview is indeed prophetic.

• Like 6

righteousmomma

After watching the video I found the following -long but a worthy read. The man was truly prophetic. He died in 1993 and wrote the Love Letter to America in 1984.

http://uselessdissident.blogspot.com/2008/12/love-letter-to-america-part-one.html

Part 2 has:

"PRELUDE TO SUBVERSION

All warfare is based primarily on the deception of an enemy. Fighting on a battlefield is the most primitive way of making war. There is no art higher than to destroy your enemy without a fight—by SUBVERTING anything of value in the enemy’s country.

Sun Tzu
Chinese philosopher
500 B.C.

The art of duping the masses into doing things to their own disadvantage and making them believe it is "the will of people" is as ancient as mankind itself.
The essence of subversion is best expressed in the famous Marxist slogan, (if you substitute "proletarians" for a more appropriate word): "Useful idiots of the world UNITE!” To achieve the desired effect, the subverter must first make idiots out of normal people, and DIVIDE them, before turning the people into a homogenized mass of useful and united idiots. Tanks and missiles mayor may not be needed at final stage. For the time being they are simply the means of terrorizing people into inaction and submission.

500 years before Christ, the Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu formulated the principle of subversion this way:

1. Cover with ridicule all of the valid traditions in your opponent's country.
2. Implicate their leaders in criminal affairs and turn them over to the scorn of their populace at the right time;
3. Disrupt the work of their government by every means;
4. Do not shun the aid of the lowest and most despicable individuals of your enemy's country.
5. Spread disunity and dispute among the citizens.
6. Turn the young against the old.
7. Be generous with promises and rewards to collaborators and accomplices.

Sound familiar? About 2500 years later we can read this very same instruction in a secret document, allegedly authored by the Communist International for their "young revolutionaries". The document is titled "Rules of Revolution":

1. Corrupt the young, get them interested in sex, take them away from religion. Make them superficial and enfeebled.
2. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial issues of no importance.
3. Destroy people's faith in their national leaders by holding the latter up for contempt, ridicule and disgrace.
4. Always preach democracy, but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
5. By encouraging government extravagances, destroy its credit, produce years of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
6. Incite unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of the government towards such disorders.
7. Cause breakdown of the old moral virtues: honesty, sobriety, self-restraint, faith in the pledged word.

I can not vouch for authenticity of this document, which, according to American conservative media was captured by the Allied forces alter WW II in defeated Germany, in Dusseldorf. But I can assure you, that these “rules” are almost a literal interpretation of those “theories and practices” which I learned from my KGB superiors and colleagues within the 'Novosti' Press Agency."

• Like 3

saveliberty

NCT and RM, after communism fell, everything that the wackos said about the KGB was confirmed. Apologies for not watching the video - I am sure it's helpful to those who didn't know. That said, there is no government, no human power worthy of being substitute for God, and there are a lot of viewpoints that appear to take for granted of their own worthiness.

God is our loving Father and it's all too easy to overlook the deeper lesson in Luke 11:1-13. Don't be afraid to listen.

Sermon 655 : Kingdom Prayer : 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
7/28/2013
Please click the play button above to listen now.
How central is the Lord's Prayer to Christianity! Basically this prayer is about ordering ourselves to God and letting his way of being order all levels of our lives. But we must not think that we will easily orientate ourselves to God. There are powerful forces that resist this, and we must not be naive about them. The Lord's Prayer is the itinerary for our spiritual journey.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

The Hinderaker-Ward Experience, Episode 51: The Savior Podcasters, With Victor Davis Hanson

Brian Ward and I recorded Episode 51 of the Hinderaker-Ward Experience this morning. Topics include: Detroit’s bankruptcy, and why it is the GOP’s fault, despite the city’s having no Republican officeholders for half a century; the sequelae to the George Zimmerman trial, including Juror B29, and why juror remorse is not unusual; the return of Anthony Weiner, and what is the deal, anyway, with his wife? And, of course, the Loon of the Week and This Week in Gatekeeping.

In addition to all of that, we were joined by Victor Davis Hanson for a fun discussion of his new book, The Savior Generals: How Five Great Commanders Saved Wars That Were Lost – From Ancient Greece to Iraq. If you have forgotten who Themistocles and Belisarius were, or want to know why these “savior generals” were like Will Kane and Shane, you should tune in.

Brian 'St Paul' Ward

righteousmomma

NCT and RM, after communism fell, everything that the wackos said about the KGB was confirmed. Apologies for not watching the video - I am sure it's helpful to those who didn't know. That said, there is no government, no human power worthy of being substitute for God, and there are a lot of viewpoints that appear to take for granted of their own worthiness.

God is our loving Father and it's all too easy to overlook the deeper lesson in Luke 11:1-13. Don't be afraid to listen.

Sermon 655 : Kingdom Prayer : 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
7/28/2013
Please click the play button above to listen now.
How central is the Lord's Prayer to Christianity! Basically this prayer is about ordering ourselves to God and letting his way of being order all levels of our lives. But we must not think that we will easily orientate ourselves to God. There are powerful forces that resist this, and we must not be naive about them. The Lord's Prayer is the itinerary for our spiritual journey.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

Save, while I agree with you 100% about there being no substitute for God in any life I am not sure I understand what that has to do with Tomas Schuman and his warnings. The video points out very well the evils of communism (humanism in essence) and its power to control hearts and minds and distort viewpoints.

We saw first hand the results of a government (Russia) forcing atheism on a populous.

Schuman's Love Letter to America that I posted is very timely and apropos for today. There is great deception and delusion over millions and it will (according to the Bible) escalate. The spiritual forces are real - good and evil. God is the Victor and we in His Kingdom do win but millions will perish because of hard hearts and refusal to take heed and turn to God and love God.

I love the words of the Lord's prayer that Jesus Himself taught us to pray. Never thought of it as an itinerary before.

It does perfectly and succinctly encapsulate the Purpose, the Power, the Sovereignty of God and doctrine and principles we in the Kingdom must adhere to. When I get home I will listen to your link.

• Like 1

saveliberty

Thank you, @righteousmomma! I wasn't linking on the Lord's prayer to suggest that you didn't love it. I took away the understanding that evil comes in many forms, some of which we ourselves might see as benevolent when it comes to nations and politics.