Why We're Doomed: There Ought to be a Law Edition

Valin

Why-We-re-Doomed-There-Ought-to-be-a-Law-EditionRicochet:

EJHill

5/6/13

The biggest problem with Conservative Media is that sometimes it's little more than "The Liberal Outrage of the Day." Too often Breitbart News is more outrage than news.

Saturday, under the "Big Journalism" banner, John Nolte writes about another MSNBC "outrage" of "selective editing." First, all editing is selective. Random editing makes no sense. Say what you will about MSNBC producers and their NABET technicians but they're not monkeys randomly pushing buttons. The word you want is deceptive. Convenient, too, as it has the same amount of letters and won't screw up your headlines with an unwanted wrap-around.

But what's really depressing can be found in the comments. Leading off is KJinAZ and with over a 175 "likes," rages, "THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR BROADCAST LICENSE." Forget the fact that the person is ignorant that cable networks are not regulated by the FCC. It's the gut instinct that the government should regulate them and punish them. And the people who read Breitbart are, theorically, on the Conservative side.

(Snip)

There are a lot of ignorant people out there (not stupid...ignorant, there is a difference) and a goodly portion of them are conservative.

/rant

pollyannaish

I get so depressed reading comments on news sites. For the most part. (Brietbart included) they devolve into "I know you are but what am I" hystronics.

Tell me we can do better. Please!

(And thank goodness for TRR)

I get so depressed reading comments on news sites. For the most part. (Brietbart included) they devolve into "I know you are but what am I" hystronics.

Tell me we can do better. Please!

(And thank goodness for TRR)

I wish I could...but....

I think a lot of it is the anonymity of the Net. Its almost like they become another person.

I don't expect a whole lot of serious thought from the Left (if they did that they would leave the Left), but I see just as much...(?) really disgusting comments out there, and often directed at people on our side....(insert name here) is a RINO, and of course there is the obligatory "there's no difference between the two parties,.....we need a new party....I'll never vote Republican again!"...generally in ALL CAPS.

wallbash.gif

It just gets frustrating.

pollyannaish

There are a lot of flat out abusive comments too. Nastiness. You will never convert a liberal by calling him names.

But in the aftermath of the last election, it is clear that it was stay at homers that lost the election. Now I know Romney was far from the ideal candidate, but any step in the right direction would have helped.

What they got instead is...a chance to co time sitting around in their own I told you so as Rome burns.

There are a lot of flat out abusive comments too. Nastiness. You will never convert a liberal by calling him names.

But in the aftermath of the last election, it is clear that it was stay at homers that lost the election. Now I know Romney was far from the ideal candidate, but any step in the right direction would have helped.

What they got instead is...a chance to co time sitting around in their own I told you so as Rome burns.

Shocking News...Newt! smile.png

Whole thing is pretty good, but forward to 12:00 mark.

The good news is there are some very good youngsters out there.