Earth Day: Protect Environment, Save Earth

Valin

221-Earth-Day-Protect-Environment-Save-Earth.htmlNewstrack India:

4/22/13

The Earth Day is being celebrated on 22-April every year worldwide with an objective to protect environment. Today on 22-April-2013, the 43rd anniversary of the Earth Day is being celebrated across the globe and over 192 countries are taking part into it and organizing different types of events to create awareness among the people. The main objective of celebrating Earth Day every year is to spread awareness among people about the need to protect our environment.

The idea of celebrating earth day on March 21 was first proposed by John McConnell in 1969 at the UNESCO Conference in San Fransisco but the US Senator from Wisconsin, Gaylord Nelso later proposed April 22 to be observed as Earth Day.

Since then, millions of people across the world celebrate Earth Day on 22 April and spread awareness and knowledge to the common people on various environmental concerns through posters, awareness campaign, and social media and discuss on topics like how to protect environment, conserve resources and prevent animals.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EarthDayForSissies2WebCR-4_22_13.jpg

Draggingtree

Earth Day: A Pagan Holiday

By J.D. LongstreetFull Story

Today is being celebrated by modern pagans as “Earth Day.” It is a date set aside to worship the earth (paganism). Today is also the birthday of Vladimir Lenin, (April 22nd 1870). Lenin was a Russian Marxist revolutionary, author, lawyer, economic theorist, and political philosopher among other things. Lenin created the Soviet Communist Party. Scissors-32x32.png

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/54649

Potty

Andrew Stuttaford

4/22/13

In honor of Earth Day, here’s a report from the New York Times:

When Jada Shapiro decided to raise her daughter from birth without diapers, for the most part, not everyone was amused. Ms. Shapiro scattered little bowls around the house to catch her daughter’s offerings, and her sister insisted that she use a big, dark marker to mark the bowls so that they could never find their way back to the kitchen.

“My sister wasn’t a huge fan,” she said on Thursday.

But “elimination communication,” as the diaper-free method of child-rearing is called, is finding an audience in the hipper precincts of New York City.

Ms. Shapiro, who is a doula, a birth and child-rearing coach, says it is practically now a job qualification to at least be able to offer diaper-free training as an option to clients. Caribou Baby, an “eco-friendly maternity, baby and lifestyle store” on the border of artsy Greenpoint and Williamsburg, has been drawing capacity crowds to its diaper-free “Meetups,” where parents exchange tips like how to get a baby to urinate on the street between parked cars.

Parents are drawn to the method as a way of preserving the environment from the ravages of disposable diapers, as well as reducing the laundering of cloth diapers and preventing diaper rash. Many of them like the thought that they are rediscovering an ancient practice used in other cultures, though they tend to gloss over the fact that many of those cultures had never heard of Pampers....

Note the obligatory reference to “an ancient practice used in other cultures”. It must be better then! Next up, human sacrifice.

I am....disturbed. Oh what a joy it must have been to visit the Shapiro's.

"Rediscovering an ancient practice used in other cultures" means going to India where there is no modern sewage system, just the Ganges River or the side of the road. People have to pick up after their dogs in western society. Now are mothers going to walk around town with poop bags in their pockets to pick up after their babies? Oh, now I get it. It isn't mothers following their babies all over the place to make sure he/she goes into one of the little bowls scattered all around the house, that would be the nanny's job. Only in NYC....

And what the heck is a doula? Never mind, I don't even want to know.

"Rediscovering an ancient practice used in other cultures" means going to India where there is no modern sewage system, just the Ganges River or the side of the road. People have to pick up after their dogs in western society. Now are mothers going to walk around town with poop bags in their pockets to pick up after their babies? Oh, now I get it. It isn't mothers following their babies all over the place to make sure he/she goes into one of the little bowls scattered all around the house, that would be the nanny's job. Only in NYC....

A. That is Racist Eurocentic thing to say! These cultures are much closer to out mother the Earth, and are treading lightly.

B. I recall my trip as a 19 year old going from Seoul to Osan, and see mamasan squatting by the side of the road...relieving herself, and thinking We're not in Kansas anymore.

I could be wrong but I believe it is Sanskrit for dumber than dirt.

I wonder if Jada ever considered non-disposable diapers? Of course his means doing laundry everyday...like mom did.

A. That is Racist Eurocentic thing to say! These cultures are much closer to out mother the Earth, and are treading lightly.

B. I recall my trip as a 19 year old going from Seoul to Osan, and see mamasan squatting by the side of the road...relieving herself, and thinking We're not in Kansas anymore.

I wonder if Jada ever considered non-disposable diapers? Of course his means doing laundry everyday...like mom did.

And then you get into the never ending (with certain concerned people only) argument over which is worse -- polluting Mother Earth with the soap needed to wash cloth diapers or putting Pampers into the garbage dumps.

There is only one good solution left. No more babies.

And then you get into the never ending (with certain concerned people only) argument over which is worse -- polluting Mother Earth with the soap needed to wash cloth diapers or putting Pampers into the garbage dumps.

There is only one good solution left. No more babies.

They could just beat the diapers with a rock down by the river....I can see that happening. rolleyes.gif

There are a number major problems with trying to live "lightly" on the land.

A. You spend 90% or more of your time trying not to starve

B. For a woman being pregnant is just a bit chancy.

C. There's about a 50% chance you won't live past your 1st year

D. Our Mother the Earth being a cast iron Bi*ch, there's a good chance she will send a large fast strong animal with big teeth and claws to eat you. Old Ep is not your friend.

• Like 2

No Hypocrisy Here Alert!!!

Harrison Ford’s leading role in saving the planet

Martha Raddatz, Richard Coolidge & Jordyn Phelps

Tue, Mar 26, 2013

From Indiana Jones to Han Solo, Harrison Ford has played his share of heroic roles over the course of his career. Now, the actor is back with another hero's mission: saving the planet. But this time, it's not a movie--but real life.

Ford, who sits on the executive board of the nature advocacy group Conservation International, has become an outspoken proponent of conservancy, insisting that he is not just a "a poster boy" for the cause.

"Nature doesn't need people, people need nature, the nature would survive the extinction of the human being and go on just fine, but human culture, human beings cannot survive without nature," Ford tells On the Radar. "We have to understand in value what the services of nature are so that we can understand that degrading them is an irreplaceable resource that no amount of money or human ingenuity can replace."

(Snip)

clearvision

HarrisonMainWPicture.jpg

Well he reduces his foot print in his housing.... OK maybe one of his houses has a reduced footprint, I'm sure he must have others.

Harrison-Ford-house.jpg

Ah, he does have more. OK maybe this one has less footprint.

Looks like saving the planet pays pretty good. Wonder if they are hiring? It would mean leaving my tiny 1 bedroom apt., but I'm willing to make the sacrifice...it's for the children.