2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

I know you asked Valin, but let me toss in my 2 cents--which are not new.

Well, just one-cent. Nobody knows what is going to happen with this guy in office. Many subsets, but just not knowing is the root cause.

• Like 1

Campaigning versus Working

"The fact of the matter is, the president does not wait for an annual meeting to have consultations with or meetings with foreign leaders, and they will continue," Carney said.

OK so why hold UN annual meetings at all then? Seems like a waste of the worlds money if they can take care of this stuff during the year.

• Like 2

Wow. The press is filled with stories today on Romney's campaign imploding, how awful it is, how bad he is, how bad the polls are, too late for debates to matter, money advantage for Obama, Romney losing support of seniors, Romney needs to release all taxes.....

Seems a full court press is underway.

WestVirginiaRebel

Wow. The press is filled with stories today on Romney's campaign imploding, how awful it is, how bad he is, how bad the polls are, too late for debates to matter, money advantage for Obama, Romney losing support of seniors, Romney needs to release all taxes.....

Seems a full court press is underway.

It'll give them a reason to act all the more stunned if Romney wins as big as predicted.

Meanwhile, Team Obama is counting on these folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJbOU4nmHQ

I know you asked Valin, but let me toss in my 2 cents--which are not new.

Well, just one-cent. Nobody knows what is going to happen with this guy in office. Many subsets, but just not knowing is the root cause.

I think @pollyannaish question goes to a larger question (did that make any sense?) That quotion goes to something I've been harping on for sometime now. That being that we (the whole friggin world) are in the middle of major fundamental changes in how we live. And who ends up sitting in the Oval Office next Jan. really has nothing to do with it. This view/theory is not political, at least not in the short term. It has to do with stepping back and looking at this world the way a historian would 200 years from now, reading for the popular press. That means Barack Obama & Mitt Romney get at most a couple of paragraphs..Nancy Pelosi Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner maybe a sentence or two.

These changes go back to (IMO) WWII and you could say WWI depending on how you want to look at it. WWII brought on huge technological changes which drove the societal changes, think think 15th-16th century in Europe. The differences in European society in this (historically) short period are huge, and I think we are in the middle of such a change. So the question "So here is my question Valin. Is this JUST because of his policies, or are we in the middle of such a huge transformation in our society/world that this is just a symptom of that?" is something that had not occurred to me, and I don't have an answer. Not having an answer is a dangerous thing...makes you think...and thinking is always dangerous.

A thread I started on this.

Are we living on the hinge of history?If so what does it mean?

Something from Walter Russell Mead, people really should look at.

Via Meadia: Blue Social Model

I still trying to figure out how to put this view in 25 words or less. wallbash.gif

• Like 1

Election 2012: State of the Race-Karl Rove

Seven states changed status since last week's Electoral College map, with four moving in Mitt Romney's direction and only three moving toward Barack Obama. Mr. Romney saw Georgia move from "lean" to "safe" Romney, New Hampshire change from "lean" Obama to "toss up," and New Mexico and Pennsylvania both shift from "safe" to "lean" Obama. Mr. Obama saw Oregon shift from "lean" to "safe" Obama, Wisconsin change from "toss up" to "lean" Obama, and Arizona move from "safe" Romney to "lean" Romney.

Mr. Obama is down to 196 "safe" Electoral College votes with four states (51 EC votes) "leaning" in his favor. Mr. Romney's "safe" EC votes increased to 159, with three "lean" states (32 EC votes) that are more than likely to be in his column on Election Day. It should be noted this is the first time since August 1st that Mr. Obama's "safe" EC vote total decreased while Mr. Romney's grew. There are also eight "toss up" states and a coveted 100 EC votes are up for grabs. These states remain too close to call and show little movement, even after a week of rigorous polling (52 surveys conducted in eighteen states).

Scissors-32x32.png

I believe it's going to be landside in Romney's favor. Take a look at the posting Skewed and Unskewed Polls
  • Like 1

Here is a top political operative commenting on things...

"Y'all better vote for f******g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House," Madonna said, according to the report. "That's some amazing s**t. It means there is hope in this country."

"Y'all better vote for f******g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House," Madonna said, according to the report. "That's some amazing s**t. It means there is hope in this country."

I find it interesting that she would so publicly recognize and verbalize that we have a "black Muslim" in the White House and be proud that our president is for gay rights! Equating him in any way to Abraham Lincoln, or even Martin Luther King, is so far out there it's just propaganda. Also, she says he is accepting of people who are "different" which I assume refers to herself. No, she isn't so very different, she is just another liberal and a narcissistic like the president. With 'these people' it is of course, all about ME.

• Like 2

I find it interesting that she would so publicly recognize and verbalize that we have a "black Muslim" in the White House and be proud that our president is for gay rights! Equating him in any way to Abraham Lincoln, or even Martin Luther King, is so far out there it's just propaganda. Also, she says he is accepting of people who are "different" which I assume refers to herself. No, she isn't so very different, she is just another liberal and a narcissistic like the president. With 'these people' it is of course, all about ME.

Remember who we are talking about here. Just because a person is famous doesn't mean they can't/won't buy into the craziest stuff.... Tom Cruise and Scientology come readily to mind.

• Like 1

Don't be.

Mitt Romney outlines proposed changes to US foreign aid system

Matt Viser

9/25/12

WASHINGTON – Mitt Romney Tuesday said the United States must alter a foreign aid program that delivers tens of billions in assistance to countries around the world, saying that such funding should be tied to forcing developing countries to change their trade and economic policies.

(Snip)

Romney this morning outlined plans to transform the foreign aid system, one that would link financial assistance from the United States to trade and development policies of the countries that need help. Romney said the program – which he labeled a “Prosperity Pact” – would use input from the private sector to identify barriers to investment, trade, and entrepreneurialism in developing nations.

Then, in exchange for removing those barriers and opening up their markets to US investment and trade, those nations would receive financial assistance from the United States.

(Snip)

Absentee ballot requests soaring in Hamilton County

Change in voters' habits confuses campaigns' timing for last days

6:42 PM, Sep. 23, 2012

Absentee ballot requests in Hamilton County, spurred by growing public comfort with early voting and extensive news coverage of the issue, are running nearly 3-to-1 ahead of the record-setting pace of the 2008 presidential election.

In what many view as a fundamental redefinition of Election Day with significant import for how campaigns are conducted, more than 50,000 Hamilton County voters had requested absentee ballots as of early Friday, county board of elections officials said.

At the same stage in the 2008 presidential campaign – 46 days before Election Day – 18,547 absentee applications had been recorded.

“This is the wave of elections Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120923/NEWS0106/309230089/Absentee-ballot-requests-soaring-Hamilton-County?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Absentee ballot requests soaring in Hamilton County

Change in voters' habits confuses campaigns' timing for last days

6:42 PM, Sep. 23, 2012

Absentee ballot requests in Hamilton County, spurred by growing public comfort with early voting and extensive news coverage of the issue, are running nearly 3-to-1 ahead of the record-setting pace of the 2008 presidential election.

In what many view as a fundamental redefinition of Election Day with significant import for how campaigns are conducted, more than 50,000 Hamilton County voters had requested absentee ballots as of early Friday, county board of elections officials said.

At the same stage in the 2008 presidential campaign – 46 days before Election Day – 18,547 absentee applications had been recorded.

“This is the wave of elections Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://news.cincinna...|text|FRONTPAGE

1. United States presidential election in Ohio, 2008 - Wikipedia ...

The 2008 United States presidential election in Ohio took place on November 4, 2008, which was part of ... Montgomery County and the traditionally Republican Hamilton County ... Scissors-32x32.pnglightningbolt.gif

Limbaugh, Levin, Bozell, Meese, Perkins Letter: Media Is Rigging Election

Jeffrey Lord

9.25.12 @ 1:15PM

Movement to Media: “You are Rigging this Election”

Over 20 Conservative Leaders including Rush Limbaugh, Ed Meese,

Mark Levin and Tony Perkins

Call on Public to Tune out the Liberal Media!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This election year, so much of the broadcast networks, their cable counterparts, and the major establishment print media are out of control with a deliberate and unmistakable leftist agenda. To put it bluntly: you are rigging this election and taking sides in order to pre-determine the outcome. In the quarter century since the Media Research Center was established to document liberal media bias, there has never been a more brazen and complete attempt by the liberal so-called “news” media to decide the outcome of an election.

A free and balanced media are crucial to the health of this country. It is your duty as journalists – as outlined in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Code of Ethics – to “distinguish between advocacy and news reporting,” while simultaneously “seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues.”

There is a reason why the media are viewed with such disdain by the American public, as evidenced by every recent poll on the issue.

You have breached the public trust by willfully turning a blind eye to the government’s public policy failures, both domestic and foreign, while openly and shamefully smearing Gov. Mitt Romney. You are:

(Snip)

BREAKING NEWS. MSDNC reports tonight that Mitt Romney has lost all three Presidential Debates.

OK thanks. We'll schedule some nights out on the town now that they are freed up.

Sort of like all the media headlines "Madonna MISTAKENLY calls Obama a Muslim". For anyone R they would have let her comments stand in the headline and maybe offer their view in the text. Here they are so worried about protecting Obama they correct her immediately.

Sort of like all the media headlines "Madonna MISTAKENLY calls Obama a Muslim". For anyone R they would have let her comments stand in the headline and maybe offer their view in the text. Here they are so worried about protecting Obama they correct her immediately.

My question is what kind of people take her seriously when it comes to politics...and more importantly....why do they?