Ender's Game: The Movie

EveningStar

EveningStar

Orson Scott Card's 1985 Hugo and Nebula Award winning science fiction novel, Ender's Game, is finally coming to the cinema.

Principal photography has been completed. The film is in post production and is scheduled for release on November 1, 2013.

Gavin Hood is the director and Card is one of the producers.

Asa Butterfield is in the title role and other cast members include, Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley, Moises Arias, Aramis Knight, Hailee Steinfeld, Jimmy Pinchak, Abigail Breslin, and Viola Davis.

For more information, see IDMb, Wikipedia, and the Ender's Game Blog.

I've seen rave reviews of the book for years but never read it. This does look like a great cast and big Hollywood investment.

"70 years after a horrific alien war, an unusually gifted child is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for a future invasion."

@EveningStar

@NCTexan

I saw a prequel, I know you both have too:

"Some 16 years after the end of a horrific world war, a seemingly gifted child is born in an undisclosed hospital to be raised by Marxists and is then sent off for the a series of advanced liberal schooling in order to be inserted as a mole for the future destruction of the United States Constitution."

• Like 1

I've seen rave reviews of the book for years but never read it. This does look like a great cast and big Hollywood investment.

My Friend...do yourself a favor.