Don't Get Cocky, GOP (By Karl Rove)

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
SB10001424052748704648604575620653438957226.html?mod=rss_opinion_main
Wall Street Journal:

It has been a brutal month for President Obama. The historic electoral rebuke delivered to his party was followed at the G-20 meeting by a public rebuff of the Federal Reserve's QE2 program and the administration's handling of the China currency issue.

The president arrived home to find House Democrats intent on keeping Nancy Pelosi as leader, New York Congressman Charles Rangel judged guilty by a House ethics panel of 11 violations, and a lame duck session of Congress fraught with battles over taxes, the New Start treaty and more. This has Republicans feeling cocky about 2012.

Opinion surveys give some support for GOP optimism. This month's Associated Press-GfK poll shows only 39% of Americans believe Mr. Obama deserves re-election, while 54% believe he deserves to be voted out of office. In a late October CNN poll, Mr. Obama trailed both Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee nationally. And in polls taken in battleground states by Public Policy Polling, Mr. Obama lost to a generic unnamed Republican in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Colorado.

Mr. Obama can't count on a strong economy to improve his fortunes. President Ronald Reagan's policies produced 4.5% and 7.2% growth in the two years before his 1984 re-election. But the University of Michigan Economic Forecast projects only 2.3% and 3.2% growth in 2011 and 2012, respectively, and 9% unemployment at the next election.

Still, Republicans should sober up. It is always difficult to defeat a sitting president. Since World War II, three have been defeated for re-election and two decided not to run again. But five have sought and won second terms.

Moreover, the GOP lacks a clear frontrunner. Gallup found this week that no potential Republican candidate draws more than 19% support for nomination: Four contenders are essentially tied.

snip

Tell 'em Karl, you know how it's done.

On June 24, 2008, Rove said of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, "Even if you never met him, you know this guy. He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone."

"On Nov 18, 2010, Rove said as much, "I'm the guy making snide comments about Tea Party Candidates."

:lmfao:

shoutStella, that is on the subject.

I too share your concern about Fearless Reader, Dear Leader, our Teleprompter King

On some pressers his hair is quite grey, other times a lot of zits show up (Gibbs, Jarred, Axelrod).

Not enough slurpees? Too many hamburger runs? Too many plates to juggle while demeaning the US? Too many irons in the fire trying to bring the tax payers on their knees?

Completely off the subject, Obama looks like he has been dying his hair. He really does not look well.

Guest areafiftyone

Completely off the subject, Obama looks like he has been dying his hair. He really does not look well.

Why the heck would he dye his hair? I'll never understand that idea when you are a president and everyone has seen the grays growing. Going Gray in office is like a badge of honor. And the way Obama is going I'll bet you he'll be pure white by 2012! LOL! Every one got grayer in office (except Reagan - who would have looked fine anyway even if he did).

Why the heck would he dye his hair? I'll never understand that idea when you are a president and everyone has seen the grays growing. Going Gray in office is like a badge of honor. And the way Obama is going I'll bet you he'll be pure white by 2012! LOL! Every one got grayer in office (except Reagan - who would have looked fine anyway even if he did).

Area51! Great question!

I think ego over honor with Obama, every time. The hush-hush about his lack of enthusiasm for the Presidency, because, well.......it's hard! The other talk about his "medication" for anxiety; along with speculation that he's being "controlled" by the 3 women in his life: Valerie Jarrett, Moo & the Santeria High Priestess of the White House, Mr. Robinson.

Obama is much more comfortable with the life of academia. After tenure, you don't have to do a damn thing but pick up a check......and if you check out his what little of his past record is available, including statements from people that "went" to school with him, or "worked" along side him......that's the way he rolls.

He was a "Professor-of-Law-at large" in Chicago....but no one remembers him teaching; rather he was "writing-a-book," for which he was dunned by his publishers, until his friend Bill Ayers could ghost-write it for him.

He is an empty vessel....to be filled by the ones controlling him.....and he's even failing that, per statements by George Soros recently. George sent Podesta to order him to negate the Republican gains by presidential executive orders; and he flees to Europe.

I'd like to see him abdicate his throne and become an American expatriate in exile....maybe in Eurostan or Yemen.