Pence: Expect decision "early next year"

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

Mike Pence tells ABC News that he'll make up his mind on a presidential run early next year.

“Our decision is going to be wholly dependent on taking the time to prayerfully consider where we can make the most difference on the conservative values that brought us to Washington to begin with."

That's consistent with what he told Good Morning America on Sunday.

.... we've been very humbled by the encouragement we've received back in Indiana and around the country, and we're intent on taking the coming weeks to really prayerfully consider that and wait on the Lord and seek counsel, and after the first of the year, we'll make a decision.

IIRC, the last House member to get elected POTUS was Lincoln(Ford was picked as Veep for Nixon after Agnew resigned). I personally like Pence, but think he should shoot for the Indiana governor's office before running for the White House.

Dick Gephardt tried and flamed out disastrously in his runs for the Oval Office. As Obambi is showing daily, Congressman and Senators aren't always the best choice for the top spot, while Governors usually do better(Jimmy Carter is the exception to that rule).

Todays test is...name the last sitting member of the House of Representatives to win the Presidential race?

I'm not going to bother looking it up, because I'm too lazy right now, but I'm sticking with Honest Abe. B)

Todays test is...name the last sitting member of the House of Representatives to win the Presidential race?

Valin! & Pepper!

Yup! James Garfield. Thanks for that Valin!

I did look it up & in reading, found another interesting character, Aaron Burr. I read Gore Vidal's historical narrative, Burr, and liked it enough to read his, Lincoln, too. We used to have VP's that were more exciting scalawags, than the "bucket's of warm spit" we have now.

Vakin! & Pepper!

Yup! James Garfield. Thanks for that Valin!

I did look it up & in reading, found another interesting character, Aaron Burr. I read Gore Vidal's historical narrative, Burr, and liked it enough to read his, Lincoln, too. We used to have VP's that were more exciting scalawags, than the "bucket's of warm spit" we have now.

Ya think there might be a reason why it's been 130 (?) years?

I really like Mike Pence, but my mother has a better chance of winning....and she's been dead 15years.

I figured there was another Congresscritter in there, but like I said, I just didn't feel like looking it up, plus I had to go the grocery store to get more beer. Beer has priority over dead Presidents in my book. B)

I figured there was another Congresscritter in there, but like I said, I just didn't feel like looking it up, plus I had to go the grocery store to get more beer. Beer has priority over dead Presidents in my book. B)

Homer%20simpson%20beer%20guide.gif

Ace! It takes a few dead presidents for beer!

German Polka song: "In heaven there is no beer.....that's why we drink it here....."

shoutValin, shoutSrWoodChuck, shoutAceRimmer

All this research led me to other presidential assassinations.

Your challenge is to find the link to one from here

Go to Street View.

cc: shoutRheo

Pepper!

Mary Surratt's boarding house, where the Lincoln assassination was planned & John Wilkes Booth lived?

I hate being seven minutes late! Good job, Rheo!

Or did you mean Mary's execution?

If you mean Mary, Queen of Scots, I pretty sure she wasn't whacked in DC. If you're talking about Mary Lincoln, she was already a nutjob when Abe got whacked, but unlike Her Heinousness, she never pretended to be President.

I know McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo, Harding was allegedly whacked by his own wife and bodyguards to prevent impeachment over 'Teapot Dome' in San Francisco(IIRC), and we know where JFK died.

I'm gonna go outside the box here and think you're throwing in 'attempted' assassinations and going with Ronaldus Magnus as a wild guess...

Mary Surratt, who owned the boarding house 5 blocks from Ford's Theater. Her son was friends with John Wilkes Booth. She was tried and executed with 3 others. The first woman executed by the Federal Govt.

Gotta love google. ;)

Or did you mean Mary's execution?

If you mean Mary, Queen of Scots, I pretty sure she wasn't whacked in DC. If you're talking about Mary Lincoln, she was already a nutjob when Abe got whacked, but unlike Her Heinousness, she never pretended to be President.

I know McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo, Harding was allegedly whacked by his own wife and bodyguards to prevent impeachment over 'Teapot Dome' in San Francisco(IIRC), and we know where JFK died.

I'm gonna go outside the box here and think you're throwing in 'attempted' assassinations and going with Ronaldus Magnus as a wild guess...

Mary Surratt's boarding house, where the Lincoln assassination was planned & John Wilkes Booth lived?

I hate being seven minutes late! Good job, Rheo!

Sorry about those phone call hang ups that kept you 7 minutes. :P

That Pepper and his quizzes for fun. He used to do some doozies at Wideawakes. clearvision and I were reining champions. Ok, we were the only ones doing them, but we rocked! ;)

While we're on the subject of Lincoln's assination...a little known fact. Robert Todd Lincoln, who refused his parents invitation to attend the theater on the night of his father's assination, was present at the assinations of both James Garfield and William McKinley. He is the only person known to be close to three assinated presidents and the only person to be present for two of them.

Geez, how the thread turns.