What About the Ground Zero Church? Archdiocese Says Officials Abandoned Project

Geee

ground-zero-church-archdiocese-says-officials-forgot
Fox News:

What About the Ground Zero Church? Archdiocese Says Officials Abandoned Project
By Judson Berger

Shown here is the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church near the World Trade Center, before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. (Herman Krieger/Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America)
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America accused New York officials on Tuesday of turning their backs on the reconstruction of the only church destroyed in the Sept. 11 attacks, while the controversial mosque near Ground Zero moves forward.

The sidelined project is the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, a tiny, four-story building destroyed in 2001 when one of the World Trade Center towers fell on top of it. Nobody from the church was hurt in the attack, but the congregation has for the past eight years been trying to rebuild its house of worship.

While the mosque project cleared red tape earlier this month, negotiations between the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the church stalled last year -- and will not be revived, according to government officials. Though the particulars of the two projects are completely different and on the surface unrelated, the church and its supporters see a disconnect in the way the proposals have been handled.

pollyannaish

See this is the kind of thing that makes me particularly furious about the Mosque. If government officials really could point to the rebuilding of this church and say "Look, we've handled these in a similar manner, you can see that we are not treating any religion differently" I think they would have an easier time of it.

But from outward appearances, one of the two is being pushed way in front of the other...beyond simply seeking compliance and into outright advocacy.

It's really upsetting.

See this is the kind of thing that makes me particularly furious about the Mosque. If government officials really could point to the rebuilding of this church and say "Look, we've handled these in a similar manner, you can see that we are not treating any religion differently" I think they would have an easier time of it.

But from outward appearances, one of the two is being pushed way in front of the other...beyond simply seeking compliance and into outright advocacy.

It's really upsetting.

It is a double standard, but I doubt that the mosque will ever be built, because I think O'Reilly is correct in his prediction that no construction group from NY, NJ, PA, or CT will ever lay a single brick at the site. And if it somehow does get built, Greg Gutfeld from 'Red Eye' on Fox News has said he'll open a gay bar next door. He wants to call it "You Mecca Me Hot"...

snip

But from outward appearances, one of the two is being pushed way in front of the other...beyond simply seeking compliance and into outright advocacy. It's really upsetting.

It is a double standard, but I doubt that the mosque will ever be built, because I think O'Reilly is correct in his prediction that no construction group from NY, NJ, PA, or CT will ever lay a single brick at the site. And if it somehow does get built, Greg Gutfeld from 'Red Eye' on Fox News has said he'll open a gay bar next door. He wants to call it "You Mecca Me Hot"...

Absolutely love the name of the bar. If enough people see that, someone is bound to pick up on it--even if it isn't next to the new mosque.

I, too, hope O'Reilly has predicted correctly.