Why is Journolist Founder Klein Whining About Tucker Carlson

Geee

put-up-or-shut-up-ezra-why-is-journolist-founder-klein-whining-about-tucker-carlson
Big Journalism:

Put Up or Shut Up, Ezra: Why Is JournoList Founder Klein Whining About Tucker Carlson?

Posted by John Nolte Jul 23rd 2010 at 12:13 pm

First off, I want to express my gratitude to Tucker Carlson, The Daily Caller, Jonathan Strong and whoever released the JournoList archives for doing a remarkably righteous service for their country. Those of us who have watched the media for any amount of time aren’t at all surprised by these revelations, but it sure is good to have our worst fears (and then some) confirmed, and to have these manipulative, race-baiting liars dragged out into the sunlight where they belong.

Ezra Klein, JournoList founder

Before we get started, one little, itsy-bitsy request: Please, please, please name the JournoListers from Politico. You know, Nothing To See Here Politico? No need to speak anyone’s name out loud. Just come a little closer and whisper them in my ear. Or we can do a Bob Woodward. I’ll call you, start going down the list of Politico ”reporters,” and then when I get to the right name(s) you simply hang up. Email me at: jnolte@DefeatPolitico.com.

The founder and ringmaster of JournoList is the Washington Post’s Ezra Klein, who we should also thank for falling back-assward into a service for his country by putting the cabal together. Though it was purely by accident, if it wasn’t for Klein, America wouldn’t now have all kinds of proof (and more to come — tee hee) of just how morally and professionally corrupted the left-wing media is.
Naturally, Mr. Klein is not at all happy with Tucker Carlson and is now using his perch at the Post to fight back with innuendo and unbecoming whining. In his most desperate move yet, today Klein puts on a pretty unconvincing act that he has some kind of big credibility revelation on Carlson because, back in May, Carlson asked to become a member of JournoList:

If this series now rests on Tucker’s credibility, then let’s talk about something else he doesn’t mention: I tried to add him to the list. I tried to give him access to the archives. Voluntarily. Because though I believed it was important for the conversation to be off-the-record, I didn’t believe there was anything to hide.

The e-mail came on May 25th. Tucker didn’t ask that it be off-the-record, so I’m not breaking a confidence by publishing it.

Tucker Carlson, the Daily Caller

Well, gasp and egads. Klein didn’t believe he had anything to hide! If there’s nothing to hide, please send the archives to jnolte@SpencerCallMeRacistAckerman.com.

Are you kidding me with this? This is all you got, Klein? Oh, and only now are you releasing private communications — in the form of emails from Carlson — due to a fresh burst of “rests on credibility” concerns. Where was that same concern when your little coven was throwing around the idea of falsely labeling Fred Barnes and Karl Rove as racists? Where was all that “rests on credibility” concern when that wicked little group of yours was (successfully) plotting to spike the Jeremiah Wright story?

Naturally Klein (if he’s telling the truth), tries to paint Carlson’s request to join JournList as some kind of bust:
At the time, I didn’t know Carlson was working on a story about Journolist.

If that’s the case, if Carlson was in fact trying to gain access to gather information for a story he was working on, I’m not at all surprised Klein’s upset. After all, what Carlson was doing is what we in the real world call fact-finding journalism. And as we’ve seen from the JournoList archives, fact-finding journalism is Kryptonite to this crowd.

Klein then goes on re-whining his case that The Daily Caller is taking his precious JournoListers out of context. Okay, fine. I think I speak for much of America in wanting to know what the real context of this is:

You know, at the risk of violating Godwin’s law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts?

And this:

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. “I hate to open this can of worms,” he wrote, “but is there any reason why the FCC couldn’t simply pull their broadcasting permit once it expires?”

Prof. Jonathan Zasloff, JournoList member
And this:

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.”

And most especially this, from Mr. Spencer “still has his job” Ackerman:

..take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction.

Here’s what the JournoList founder who’s crying foul about being taken out of context has access to: the Internet, the Washington Post and the full JournoList archives.

Maybe instead of whining and throwing stones, Mr. Klein should use all those wonderful tools at his disposal to prove Tucker Carlson wrong.

Please, Ezra, if dirt is being done, please release the full archives so we can all the see the full context in all its fully contextual glory.
Put up or shut up.

I noticed this guy is really ripping on Politico pretty heavy. I have mentioned a couple of times on this forum that I have noticed in the last few months that Politico has been drifting more and more left.

: Please, please, please name the JournoListers from Politico

I would be interested in....

1 who was on the list.

2 Did anyone on the list take others to task for the outrageous statements made?

pollyannaish
: Please, please, please name the JournoListers from Politico

I would be interested in....

1 who was on the list.

2 Did anyone on the list take others to task for the outrageous statements made?

I think they are in trouble. But we have learned that context is everything. They need to release the list.

I noticed this guy is really ripping on Politico pretty heavy. I have mentioned a couple of times on this forum that I have noticed in the last few months that Politico has been drifting more and more left.

Politico has always leaned left on anything that counts.