Carly Commits Cardinal Sin

Valin

carly-commits-cardinal-sin
AmSpecBlog:

Paul Chesser

That would be former Hewlett-Packard chairwoman Carly Fiorina, Republican candidate for Barbara Boxer's senatorial seat in California, by calling "climate change" the "weather," that is, in the eyes of USA Today (and presumably ABC's Bill Blakemore). She uttered the unpardonable in this campaign ad, earning a "pants on fire" rating from Politifact as well....

Politifact:

First off, Boxer didn’t say she was worried about the weather. She said that climate change was “one of the very important national security issues” — a position in line with the Pentagon and the CIA.
....(Snip)

SrWoodchuck

shoutValin!

Carly is trying to take the Senate seat away from a woman that worked darn hard to get it. Boxer is no madame.

Semantics are the last refuge of a progressive hack, a scoundrel or a disgraced President....ooops, that's redundant.

See....words matter....especially when you are trying to win a Senate seat in a far-left district. I used to live in California, and at the time, there was a saying: "When California was stood on end, all the nuts & flakes moved to the bottom." Yes, they are there, but the fruits are still living up north.

Climate: Noun,

1: a region of the earth having specified climatic conditions

2 a:the average course or condition of the weather at a place, usually over a period of years as exhibited by temperature, wind velocity, and precipitation.

2 b: the prevailing set of conditions [as of temperature & humidity]

Weather: Noun,

1:the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold [ temperature? ], wetness or dryness [ precipitation/humidity? ], calm or storm [ wind velocity? ], clearness or cloudiness

2:state or vicissitude of life or fortune [ vicissitude = alternation; reversal; adversity; misfortune ]

Carly said, ".....weather." Anywhere else her words would mean the same as "climate"......not here, and now........

......Carly has to weather (2:) the results of her nit-picked progressive buzz word!

Go Carly! Work harder for that Senate seat & send "Babs" home cryin'!

SrWoodchuck

Shouldn't that be Senator Babs? :lol:

shoutPinz!

S'il vous plait excuser mon erreur, point de vue est pris.

Al_Simmons

The nation's going down the tubes (following California), and Barbara Boxer is worrying about the weather. SPOT ON. Beautiful ad, because man-made climate change is a crock and all adherents to this LIE SHOULD be called out - and ridiculed (humor being the most effective political weapon to destroy an opponent with. Just look up "RWR" if you're not clear on it.)

We need a candidate who will "out-box Boxer", perhaps the vilest human being to ever inhabit the US Senate this side of the late racist Theodore Bilbo from Mississippi.

I didn't know much about Carly (outside of the HP CEO gig she had plus the fact that she is cute) but that 'demon sheep' ad she ran on the Internet against Tom Campbell (Mr. Republican my uber-liberal LA cousin in law called him - probably because he was so squishy that he could be easily beaten to a pulp in an election or gotten to roll over) struck me as a stroke of genius.

Now if she applies the same treatment to Boxer, I'm gonna get me a big ice cream and savor every second of it.

Sure, there are a lot of liberal scumbags the country over. But not even Ted Kennedy - not even Harry Reid - not even the crawling, grinning, botox horror that is Nancy Pelosi come close to registering as high on the vileness meter as does Barbara Boxer.

She is the perfect combination of unlimited ego, unlimited Marxism, unlimited stupidity (and yes, I do mean her IQ is probably not much higher than that of a grapefruit) combined with a smarminess, condescension and just plain offensiveness that have ever been seen in the US Senate. Especially because she also has, as an older generation would put have it, "no class." None at all.

Compared to her, Carly is like the girl you always wanted to date - but who has brass knuckles in her handbag that she will not hesitate to use.

I have believed for years that the only person who could beat Boxer is a person who could - figuratively - BEAT her senseless in the political arena.

Kind of like "The Chicago Way" as told by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables":

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun; he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago Way."

The closest individual to Boxer on the vileness meter that I have had experience with was former NJ Governor Jim Florio, who managed to piss off enough people that he only lasted 1 term. And yes, I was one of those who helped to send him off to his retirement. (Ditto with Ann Richards in Texas, being that I got there just in time to register to vote in 1994 courtesy of Uncle Sam.)

Barbara Boxer needs to be savaged til she squeals like a stuck pig from every TV set; and then - hit some more, because the louder she shrieks, the more the blows are landing.

Somehow I don't see Carly shrinking from a street fight.

Barbara Boxer: Reminds you of your Mother-in-Law from He**;

Carly Fiorina: Reminds you of a girl you'd like to date.

If the female vote is even remotely close (and I am presuming that a majority of brain-damaged CA women will still go for Boxer), Carly will wipe the floor with this crawling human scum called Barbara Boxer because she ought to get 60% of the male vote easy. (I say only 60% because, well, this IS California, and the definitions of exactly who or what is a man are a little blurred. If it was Texas, I'd be comfortable predicting 80%.)