President Obama's Memorial Day

NCTexan

Moses-parting-red-sea.jpg

President Obama's Memorial Day Complicated by Storms at Home and Abroad

Obama to Speak at Andrews Air Force Base After Address Rained Out in Illinois

Standing at the presidential podium this afternoon on the stage of a Memorial Day ceremony at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, a rain-drenched President Obama raised his left hand in a show of authority, while his right hand held a wind-buffeted black umbrella, and issued an order.

"Excuse me, everybody listen up," the commander in chief told the crowd huddled under umbrellas and plastic bags amid a torrential downpour outside Chicago. "We are a little bit concerned about lightning. This may not be safe. So I know that all of you are here to commemorate the fallen and that's why we're here. What we'd like to do is, if possible, have people move back to their cars."

The president, already facing scrutiny for his decision to skip Memorial Day ceremonies at Washington's Arlington National Cemetery, promised to wait out the storm for 15 minutes before deciding whether to continue, leaving hundreds of onlookers to trudge across flooded fields and muddy parking lots to take shelter in their vehicles in the meantime.

:lmfao:

Guest AnneV
(WOW!!! The loonly left liberals must be dismayed....their Messiah can't hold back the waves at the Gulf, and he can't make the rain stop falling!!!!!)sarcasm

pollyannaish

You know, I can't help but think that President Bush would have continued on in the rain. He was sort of steady like that.

He would have at least been smart enough to look at a weather report and see a chance of rain and decide to hold it indoors.

Of course, I could be romaticizing the Bush years...did he ever get rained out?

President Bush would have been at Arlington.

Beautiful sunshiny day.

But you are right - Obama's staff can't look at a weather report?

By wgnweather on May 28, 2010 11:46 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Memorial Day weekend weather in Chicago has been known to be finicky. Over the past 137 years, half of the holidays have produce measurable rain and only a quarter have managed highs 80 or higher. This year's holiday weekend may indeed include rain--some of it thundery on Monday. While those rains aren't likely to be continuous, our latest forecast has extended their stay in the area in response to the predicted slowdown of a cold front expected to produce the precipitation.

You know, I can't help but think that President Bush would have continued on in the rain. He was sort of steady like that.

He would have at least been smart enough to look at a weather report and see a chance of rain and decide to hold it indoors.

Of course, I could be romaticizing the Bush years...did he ever get rained out?

pollyannaish

President Bush would have been at Arlington.

Without a doubt. Man I miss him.

What does it say about our country now that our Commander-in-Chief is more interested in picnicking with his friends on Memorial Day than standing in the rain for a bit to honor those who have given their all?

Me too, Polly, I miss GWB. What's really pathetic about me these days is that I sometimes even miss Bill Clinton. Agree that Obama should've been in Arlington today anyways, instead of Slow Joe.

01memorial_span-blogSpan.jpg

:rolleyes:

Me too, Polly, I miss GWB. What's really pathetic about me these days is that I sometimes even miss Bill Clinton. Agree that Obama should've been in Arlington today anyways, instead of Slow Joe.

01memorial_span-blogSpan.jpg

:rolleyes:

Jill... Besides the Dipstick with the umbrella, there's something poetic about the ObaManiacs standing there with their chairs on their heads.

SrWoodchuck

The largest percentage of America's Mid-East war dead, lie in Arlington's Section 60, including some from Somalia, from the USS Cole, as well as from both Iraq wars & Afghanistan.

I've been thinking why a US President would want to skip the wreath laying at Arlington & it came to me that to show sympathy for his Muslim leanings, he would not want to be seen honoring American soldiers that may have put Arab's in their graves.....not when a two front war in Iraq & A-stan is still being fought.

It was nice to see God's weather thwart him, and the leader of God's chosen people diss him by skipping a scheduled visit; but he is such a small man, in terms of love of country & the people that inhabit it, that he probably thought it was great to say nothing in Ellwood, Illinois, and meeting with an Israeli leader is awkward & odious to his real nature.

I pray to God for help in removing him and the others that mean us harm; and in restoring our counrty to a God-fearing Republic.

clearvision

So when I am out in a storm and there is lightening in the area, the first thing I think of to cover my head is to raise a metal chair over me....

So when I am out in a storm and there is lightening in the area, the first thing I think of to cover my head is to raise a metal chair over me....

They were all libs.... if they had any sense they wouldn't be libs.

LOL Great photo!

If these people had sense enough to not put metal chairs over their heads during a thunder storm, they would have probably had enough sense not to go brave iffy weather to watch The Won read a teleprompter in public.

Edit to add: The Won was standing there holding a big old umbrella. Hello! :blink:

One report I read said that the sky was blue and sun shining when he arrived at the cemetery, but that a bank of black clouds came in and the rain fell as he approached the podium. God has a great sense of humor.

Who doesn't plan an alternative indoor site for any public outdoor gathering, especially during the spring in the midwest?????

Good bless America and protect us from our own stupidity.

SrWoodchuck

Man plans-------------God laughs.

Too bad, I heard he would have "electrified" the crowd with his words!