Bundy Ranch Standoff Trial: No One Found Guilty

Valin

bundy-ranch-standoff-trial-no-one-found-guilty-hank-berrien

Hank Berrien

August 23 2017

On Tuesday, the federal jury in Las Vegas considering the case against the four men accused of taking up arms against federal agents during the Bundy Ranch standoff in 2014 decided none of them were guilty.

After four days of deliberations, they jury decided that Richard Lovelien, Steven Stewart, Eric Parker and O. Scott Drexler were innocent of conspiracy and extortion; jurors could not reach a verdict on weapons and assault charges against Parker and Drexler.

Las Vegas defense lawyer Shawn Perez said, "Both Ricky and I were teary-eyed. I was shaking ... I have gotten not-guilty verdicts before, but this was really special to me." Las Vegas defense lawyer Jess Marchese added, "(Parker) is getting released as we speak. He's ecstatic."

Trisha Young, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Las Vegas, said, “While we are disappointed with the verdicts, we thank the jurors for their service. At this time, the government has not announced its decision regarding the retrial of Eric Parker and O. Scott Drexler.” Back in April, a jury deadlocked on charges against the four men, but convicted two other defendants on multiple counts. Conspiracy charges against all six men failed.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Draggingtree
5 hours ago, Valin said:
bundy-ranch-standoff-trial-no-one-found-guilty-hank-berrien

Hank Berrien

August 23 2017

On Tuesday, the federal jury in Las Vegas considering the case against the four men accused of taking up arms against federal agents during the Bundy Ranch standoff in 2014 decided none of them were guilty.

After four days of deliberations, they jury decided that Richard Lovelien, Steven Stewart, Eric Parker and O. Scott Drexler were innocent of conspiracy and extortion; jurors could not reach a verdict on weapons and assault charges against Parker and Drexler.

Las Vegas defense lawyer Shawn Perez said, "Both Ricky and I were teary-eyed. I was shaking ... I have gotten not-guilty verdicts before, but this was really special to me." Las Vegas defense lawyer Jess Marchese added, "(Parker) is getting released as we speak. He's ecstatic."

Trisha Young, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Las Vegas, said, “While we are disappointed with the verdicts, we thank the jurors for their service. At this time, the government has not announced its decision regarding the retrial of Eric Parker and O. Scott Drexler.” Back in April, a jury deadlocked on charges against the four men, but convicted two other defendants on multiple counts. Conspiracy charges against all six men failed.

(Snip)

:thumbup:   :flag:

Draggingtree

Cliven Bundy followers found not guilty in armed standoff case

Via Billy

Cliven Bundy followers found not guilty in armed standoff case

Four defenders of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy have been found not guilty of numerous charges relating to their 2014 armed demonstration to stop a government-led cattle roundup.

The Arizona Republic reported Tuesday that Scott Drexler, Ricky Lovelien, Eric Parker and Steven Stewart were found not guilty on multiple charges, including conspiracy, assault on a federal officer, extortion and weapons law violations related to the standoff with federal authorities. The jury deadlocked on four charges for Parker and two against Drexler, according to the newspaper, meaning they could face a retrial.

Defense attorney Shawn Perez told the Republic after the verdict that he was "shaking" and "teary-eyed."        
:snip: 

More @ The Hill

• 3 months later...

Judge declares mistrial in Nevada Bundy case

A federal judge declared a mistrial in the criminal conspiracy trial of Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy on Tuesday, Reuters reported.

The judge cited evidence of violations by federal prosecutors, according to the news agency.

The prosecution was pursuing charges against Bundy and his two sons for their involvement in a 2014 standoff on their ranch against federal law enforcement officials.

A new trial date has been set for Feb. 26, 2018.  :snip:  https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2017/12/judge-declares-mistrial-in-nevada-bundy.html

More @ The Hill