Sean Hannity Defends Fox News Co-President Bill Shine, Warns of ‘End of FNC as We Know It’

Geee

sean-hannity-bill-shine-fox-news-1202401807

Sean Hannity took to Twitter Thursday to defend embattled Fox News co-president Bill Shine following a report that suggested Shine’s future with the network could be on unsteady ground.
“Gäbe i pray this is NOT true because if it is, that’s the total end of the FNC as we know it. Done. Best Sean,” Hannity tweeted, with a link to Gabe Sherman’s New York magazine story citing unnamed sources who claimed that Shine has become worried about what he perceives as lack of public support for him from 21st Century Fox leaders Rupert, Lachlan and James Murdoch. Hannity then apologized for inserting a diaeresis into Sherman’s name, writing, “Ha. Gabe sorry about the 2 dots. I couldn’t do that again if I tried. Best Sean.”

Murdochs Exploring Fox News Options as Pressure on Bill Shine Mounts

The company has quietly put out feelers for a possible new head of Fox News with the preference, say sources, that it be a woman.
The Murdochs may be preparing for a leadership change at Fox News. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Rupert Murdoch and his sons James and Lachlan, CEO and co-chairman of Fox News parent 21st Century Fox, have quietly put out feelers for a new head of Fox News. And the preference, according to two sources familiar with the Murdochs’ thinking, is that the new leader be female.
The move comes as pressure is building on Bill Shine, a 20-year Fox News veteran whom Rupert Murdoch elevated to co-president, with Jack Abernethy, of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network in the wake of the ouster of founding CEO Roger Ailes last summer. Shine runs the programming arm of the media empire, while Abernethy, also a longtime Fox News executive, runs the business side of the company, including ad sales, finance and distribution. On April 24, a few days after the network dismissed Bill O'Reilly, Rupert Murdoch took Shine and Abernethy to lunch at the Central Park South eatery Marea; the outing was interpreted as a public show of support and chronicled on multiple media sties.:snip:

Advanced Talks Underway For New Conservative Network Amid Fears Fox News Moving Too Far Left

On the heels of major shakeups at the Fox News Network, an alternative conservative network is being actively discussed amongst conservative fat cats.
A well-placed source close to the proposal tells Mediaite that serious discussions are underway to create an alternative conservative cable network on the belief that the Fox News Network is moving too far to the left. The source, who is engaged in the talks, says a meeting is planned for today with two prominent high-powered television executives, some underperforming conservative networks and people who have an interest and the ability to fund a new network.
The potential aim? Putting “the old band” back together. There are certainly plenty of (out-of-work?) conservative powerhouses to pick from that could star on a new network, and perhaps even some executives from within Fox News who might be lured by the new opportunity. Could the new channel include stars like the ousted Bill O’Reilly, who didn’t waste much time hitting the podcast waves after he was fired amid a sexual harassment scandal?:snip:

Bill Shine Out at Fox News, Suzanne Scott Becomes President of ProgrammingShine, who had been with FNC since its 1996 launch, has most famously been the top player in the cable network's programming division.
Fox News co-president Bill Shine is out at the cable news empire. The move comes as Shine was due back Monday after two days out of the office for a pre-planned long weekend. 
Rupert Murdoch, 21st Century Fox and Fox News executive chairman, made the announcement Monday via a brief email to Fox News staffers. 
"Sadly, Bill Shine resigned today," wrote Murdoch in a memo obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "I know Bill was respected and liked by everybody at Fox News. We will all miss him."
Suzanne Scott becomes president of programming and Jay Wallace has been promoted to president of news. Scott had been Shine's second-in-command in programming and has been with the network since it began in 1996. Additionally, Brian Jones, executive vp of Fox Business Network, becomes president of the network reporting to Scott and Wallace.

Chickadee

I certainly hope a group of affluent conservatives will be willing and able to bring together a new network to R E P L A C E the spoiled (as in brat) FOX News Network.

17 minutes ago, Chickadee said:

I certainly hope a group of affluent conservatives will be willing and able to bring together a new network to R E P L A C E the spoiled (as in brat) FOX News Network.

Draggintree posted on another thread that something may be in the works - I hope so too.

• Like 1

Sean Hannity Says He Plans to Stay at Fox News

Fox News host Sean Hannity said that he wasn't planning to leave the cable network following news of his co-president and long-time friend Bill Shine's resignation.
Hannity's denial came amid reports of an alternative conservative network attempting to lure him away from Fox, as well as information about his contract which allowed him to leave the network if former Fox News chief Roger Ailes left. But the "Hannity" host tweeted an article denying that he was "negotiating an exit" from Fox, Politico reported on Monday.

Bill Shine Fired Me, Now I’m Ready to Defend Him

Bill Shine was one of the people who forced me out of my job of 20 years at Fox News.
Despite that, I’m convinced that he was not an enabler of sexual harassment, but a victim.
We worked together for many years, with Bill heading programming and me running editorial at FoxNews.com for the last decade, and I was one of many people close to Roger Ailes forced from the company in his wake. Bill and I were friendly, but not really friends.

A toxic atmosphere?

A common refrain among talking heads is that senior Fox executives “must have known” about “rampant” sexual misconduct. It’s easy to believe, but it’s wrong.
I obviously can’t speak for every employee or know what happened in every closed office, but the overall Fox environment was professional. In nearly two decades managing many Fox employees, I can count on one hand the number of harassment claims filed in my division, and I’m convinced they were all handled well.
Have you seen any serious reporting about the facts behind the many accusations against Fox? All I’ve seen is the repetition of charges under the now-routine headline, “Another woman accuses Fox of misbehavior.” By comparison, a single racial discrimination lawsuit at CNN has attracted 175 likely plaintiffs, a number more than 10 times higher than all of the current lawsuits facing Fox, yet how many stories have you read about that?:snip:

Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing

The tectonic plates of cable news ratings are shifting, as Fox News struggles to recover from sexual harassment scandals and the departure of its most popular host, Bill O'Reilly.  As the de facto champion of conservative views in the mass media, Fox News plays a vital role in the conservative movement, and these developments are a little scary, even for those of us who resent the recent drift of the channel.
The TV Newser ratings summaries tell the story.  Compare the data from random pre-scandal date of Thursday, November 17, 2016 with the latest, Thursday, May 11.
Pre-scandal, FNC comfortably won the prime demo (age 25-54, the group that interests advertisers) in both prime time and all day.  In prime time, FNC's 646,000 prime demo viewers were more than double either CNN (234%) or MSNBC (217.5%) totals on a November 2016 Thursday.  The ratios were even better for Fox in the all-day traffic for the prime demo: 274% of MSNBC and 218% of CNN's prime demo viewers.:snip:

Bill O’Reilly vows ‘big, big story’ coming on Fox ouster; details will expose ‘left-wing cabal’

Former cable news giant Bill O'Reilly told radio host Glenn Beck on Friday that a “big, big” story is coming regarding his ouster from Fox News.
Fox News Channel and Mr. O’Reilly parted ways after 20 years in April as controversy swirled around legally settled sexual harassment claims. The best-selling author granted his first interview to “The Glenn Beck Program” to discuss his upcoming plans.
“Look, this was a hit,” Mr. O’Reilly said. “And in the weeks to come, we’re going to be able to explain some of it. And it has to do with destroying voices that the far left and the organized left-wing cabal doesn’t like. So that’s the general tone.”:snip:

Rupert Murdoch Calls Special Meeting as Fox News Ratings Falter

Fox News executive chairman Rupert Murdoch will host a company-wide meeting Wednesday amid internal turmoil at the network and threats to its ratings dominance from MSNBC.
According to Deadline, Murdoch is set to host two meetings at the network’s new studio, Studio F, where he will discuss both the company’s plans for a new newsroom and its overall direction and future. The meetings will reportedly be held in two shifts to accommodate all staff.

The meetings come as the network has been rocked by a series of sexual harassment and racial discrimination lawsuits in recent months, culminating in last month’s departure of star anchor and one-time cable news ratings king Bill O’Reilly.
Following O’Reilly’s departure, the network’s primetime schedule underwent perhaps its most significant reshuffling  in years, with Tucker Carlson taking over O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. time slot and the panel show The Five moving to 9 p.m.
But the network faces an early test of its new lineup from MSNBC, which has benefitted greatly from star anchor Rachel Maddow and its lineup’s breathless coverage of the Trump administration.:snip:

With Fox News’s Ratings in Free Fall, the Future Looks Bleak

The sudden death of Roger Ailes (R.I.P.) yesterday is a grim omen for the network he envisioned and built.  In the wake of the recent upheavals at Fox News, the conservative cable television network’s ratings are experiencing a precipitous decline from cable news leadership for the first time in the history of the channel. As the rest of the mainstream media continue their efforts to undermine and “resist” the Trump Administration, this development bodes ill for the future -- not only of the unique kind of fair and balanced if right of center reporting pioneered by the Fox News Channel (FNC), but of the prospects for conservatives continuing to have a major media platform, maintain power, and advance their agenda in the months and years ahead.
The Fox News Channel launched on October 6, 1996. MSNBC, originally a collaboration between NBC News and Microsoft, had started three months earlier. Prior to mid-1996, CNN, the other competitor, was the exclusive cable news outlet in the United States, synonymous with “cable news.” It enjoyed a long monopoly in the field during which it was able to build its brand at home and abroad.
:snip:

Fox News Death Watch: Not Time for an Obituary Yet

Fox News Founder and hands on Chairman Roger Ailes is dead and buried and it’s been one month since reigning king of prime time ratings host Bill O’Reilly was unceremoniously fired, but the story of the embattled Fox News cable channel (FNC) is far from over. While FNC’s ratings continue to sag and the media’s post-mortems show no signs of ending, FNC’s legions of fans line up to flood reader comments sections with defenses and laments, or to assign blame – and the articles continue.

At the start of the week before Memorial Day, the Drudge Report described a Hollywood Reporter story on the “upheaval” in cable news ratings as “FOXNEWS No. 3 for First Time in 17 Years.” Another article in Variety was dubbed “MSNBC Magic.” With the domestic political problems for President Donald Trump hardly resolved, expectations for the continued slide in FNC’s ratings have taken hold of the mainstream media and appear to be self-fulling. Many analysts see the bump in the numbers of CNN’s and MSNBC’s viewers as evidence of Trump’s enemies finally flocking to the two long struggling news outlets that have recently remade themselves as “resistance” mouthpieces.:snip:

• 2 weeks later...