Democratic Party Bullies Try to Scuttle Trump’s Inauguration

Valin

democratic-party-bullies-try-to-scuttle-trumps-inauguration.phpPower Line:

John Hinderaker

January 15, 2017

This morning on Meet the Press, Democratic Party hack John Lewis said that he will not attend Donald Trump’s inauguration because Trump is “not a legitimate president.” Shocking though it may be, this anti-democratic rhetoric is common in the Democratic Party, and many have taken it to an even lower level. Never before in our history has one party been so petty as to try to interfere with the traditional celebrations that accompany a presidential inauguration, but that is what the Democrats are doing now.

Every performer who has agreed to participate in the inaugural has been bullied mercilessly by the Democrats, and most are unable to take the heat, or to sustain the financial loss that could result from a boycott. One after another, they have either dropped out or declined to appear in the first place. Opera singer Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn, saying he has gotten death threats from liberals. Singer Jennifer Holliday tearfully recanted and apologized for being so bold as to think she could perform at a Republican president’s inauguration:

(Snip)

One of the few who have stood up to the bullies is country singer Toby Keith. He refused to apologize for participating in the inaugural:

I don’t apologize for performing for our country or military. I performed at events for previous presidents Bush and Obama and over 200 shows in Iraq and Afghanistan for the USO.

(Snip)

Most people don’t like bullies. Around the country, millions are watching the Democrats’ crazed attacks on Donald Trump, and on anyone who declines to join their hate-fest, and are more convinced than ever that they voted for the right candidate.

• Like 1

Power Line’s Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
Steven Hayward
January 16, 2017

There’s an old joke about what happens when you cross a postmodernist academic and the Godfather: You get an offer you can’t understand. To which might be added today, who needs Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, about to close after 146 years, when you’ve got liberals beclowning themselves nonstop for free. (I suspect there’s a connection between these two things.)

This comes to mind with today’s story about what is the most hilarious planned liberal protest against Trump on inauguration day. I’ll just let Inside Higher Ed tell you without embellishment:

Anthropologists and other scholars plan read-in of Michel Foucault to mark inauguration of Donald Trump

(Snip)

Anyway, the Foucault read-in is my candidate for most absurd anti-Trump inauguration effort at the moment, but we invite Power Line readers to watch closely and report in, perhaps offering a Super Green Weenie Award to someone. I’ll be on the road in Texas this weekend (more about that later), but I’ll try to report on the Great Liberal Beclowning of 2017. Meanwhile:

Five-Days.jpeg?resize=512%2C600

Reporters Beg Martin Luther King III to Denounce Trump %5BUpdated%5D

(Snip)

UPDATE: In a similar vein, the Village Voice attacked me today for criticizing “civil rights icon” John Lewis on Martin Luther King day. Well, it wasn’t actually on MLK day, but what’s the point? Lewis may have been a civil rights hero 50 years ago, but he has been a partisan attack dog for decades. The idea that he can launch extreme, unfair and dishonest attacks, and those attacks can’t be responded to, is ridiculous. No one is buying it.

Inauguration Week Continues: Stink Bombs and Lincoln’s Bible
Jim Geraghty
January 17, 2017

There’s a group called the “Anti-Fascist Coalition”… and they apparently believe the best way to fight fascism is to prevent other people from freely assembling in a private location by throwing butyric acid bombs.

Quick, guys, I think I spotted another fascist in your mirror!

An undercover investigation by Project Veritas has exposed the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition’s plans to attack the inauguration of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence. Rather than allow Trump-Pence supporters and others to celebrate the peaceful transition of power between the 44th and 45th presidents of the United States, leaders of the DCA-FC are conspiring to sabotage the pro-Trump DeploraBall, scheduled for Thursday, January 19, at the National Press Club.

“If you had . . . a pint of butyric acid, I don’t care how big the building is, it’s closing,” DCA-FC conspirator Luke Kuhn said at another planning session at Comet Ping Pong, a D.C. pizzeria. “All you got to do is pull the pin, press the plunger, and the whole can discharges.”

(Snip)

The Anti-Fascist Coalition claims that they knew the James O’Keefe plant was a plant all along, and so they just acted like a bunch of maniacal hooligans in order to fool him. Uh-huh. Yes, what better way to show the world that you would never do such a thing as throw stink bombs than saying out loud that you want to throw stink bombs in front of a hidden camera that you claim to know is recording you. I guess they’re an Anti-Logic Coalition, too.

(Snip)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ucwVFt75I