The most interesting things Reince Priebus said about Donald Trump

Geee

2590607Washington Examiner:

The most interesting things Reince Priebus said about Donald Trump

In his first extensive remarks since Donald Trump appeared to clinch his party's nomination, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Friday discussed the party's plan for the convention in July, winning in November, and more about the party (and the media) as Republicans move forward with their nominee. He made his remarks at a Politico Playbook breakfast.

Here are the highlights:

GENERAL ELECTION

Priebus on where Trump can expand the map in November: "I think he will [win Wisconsin] ... I think he can win Ohio, I think he can win Florida, I think he can win Pennsylvania. I think he can win Iowa. I think he's going to put Minnesota and Michigan in play. Minnesota is a state that is hard to predict sometimes. And I know, obviously, they went for Walter Mondale in '84 ... but people like Jesse Ventura, Gov. Tim Pawlenty ... every once in a while, Minnesota flips and I think that Donald Trump can play in states like that."

On Trump's constant critiques of Hillary Clinton and the GOP's advantage with him at top of the ticket: "I think he's done an effective job of labeling, and, look, I do think she has a history of being crooked.Scissors-32x32.png