Man Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of Woman At SF Pier 14 Had Been Deported 5 Times

clearvision

clearvision

man-arrested-in-fatal-shooting-of-woman-at-sf-pier-14-had-been-deported-5-times: The man arrested in the shooting death of a woman who was walking along San Franciscos Embarcadero with her family is an undocumented immigrant who had previously been deported five times, according to federal officials. (Snip)

According to DHS databases, ICE turned Sanchez over to the San Francisco Police Department March 26 on an outstanding drug warrant. At that time, ICE lodged an immigration detainer, requesting notification prior to his release so ICE officers could make arrangements to take custody, Rice said. But the detainer was not honored. (Snip)

San Francisco is one of many sanctuary cities, which prohibits city employees from helping ICE with immigration investigations or arrests unless its required by law or a warrant. (Snip)

Is this one of the guys the media is laughing at Trump about?

clearvision

Looks like this story is getting legs in light of Trump's comments. Top of Google news now and only New York Times not in the list of those tying in illegal status.

clearvision

Ohhhhh! Here is New York Times headline.......

"Woman Randomly Shot to Death at Popular San Francisco Pier"

For real.....

Like they would even bother mentioning a random murder any other time.

clearvision

Somebody following the rules the Left goes by for political gain.....

Trump statement just released:

“This senseless and totally preventable act of violence committed by an illegal immigrant is yet another example of why we must secure our border immediately. This is an absolutely disgraceful situation and I am the only one that can fix it. Nobody else has the guts to even talk about it. That won’t happen if I become President. The American people deserve a wall to protect our jobs, economy and our safety. I am the only candidate who would build it. I will Make America Great Again!”

I suspect another bump for Trump while the rest of the GOP twiddles thumbs on this issue.

clearvision

I suspect soon will be a straw man form the Left on Trump using his connections in NJ to set this up.

clearvision

Trump actually has already got tweets out on this. Some other R's need this kind of action team.

Pier shooting suspect had been released from S.F. Jail

By Evan Sernoffsky and Jaxon Van Derbeken
July 3, 2015 Updated: July 3, 2015 4:05pm

The man arrested on suspicion of murder in the shooting death of Kate Steinle on San Francisco’s Pier 14 Wednesday had a rap sheet of seven felonies, was deported five times and in March was released from San Francisco Jail, despite immigration authorities asking that he be held, officials said Friday.

That release was in line with San Francisco Sheriff’s Department policies, which say the department will not comply with requested immigration holds based solely on allegations a person is in the country illegally.

On March 26, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers turned 45-year-old Francisco Sanchez over to San Francisco police on an outstanding drug warrant and requested that they be notified before his release, so federal officers could take him into custody and deport him. He had been serving time in federal prison for felony re-entry after deportation before being released to immigrations officials.

But after the district attorney’s office declined to prosecute Sanchez for what authorities said was a decade-old marijuana possession case, sheriff’s deputies released Sanchez without notifying immigration authorities, said Virginia Kice, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

(Snip)

I think Austin is one of these catch and release cities @Valin!, I would think Minneapolis is one too..

Oh Yeah! Mpls...Think SF with wind chill.

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck! Denver is a catch and release city too I guess. I would have assumed Boulder, but surprised by Denver.

@clearvision

Black Democrap Mayor....State Senate still Prog-Central......"Little Soros" as the Guv.....Denver Pravda as the only newsrag....yeah, cockroaches everywhere. Boulder just has better scenery.

I live my entire life in the 'Burbs.....nestled against the Dakota Ridge.....and only traveling through Big Dog if I have to....on my way to somewhere else.