The Unlikely Turning Point in the Same Sex Marriage Battle

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
the_unlikely_turning_point_in_the_same_sex_marriage_battle.htmlAmerican Thinker:

June 29, 2015

The Unlikely Turning Point in the Same Sex Marriage Battle

By Jack Cashill

This past weekend has been heady one for our friends on the soft-core left. Without ever attending a meeting, let alone a march, or even making a donation, they got to celebrate Obergefell v. Hodges as if it were V-J day.

These are the same people, of course, who protested not a peep in 1996 when Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act into law, the same people who voted giddily for Barack Obama in 2008 despite his avowed support for traditional marriage, the same people who cannot wait until their next water cooler encounter to dress down some hapless co-worker as a “bigot.” Moral hauteur has never come so cheaply.

So immune are our friends to history, they likely do not know who it is they have to thank for the accelerated transmutation of this highly unlikely idea into law. As I note in my forthcoming book, Scarlet Letters, if there were a Che Guevara in this movement, it was his hysterical homeboy, Perez Hilton. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

There would be no negative consequences for defaming a Christian.

There is a line from the Koran in Tom Clancy's Red Storm Raising (I paraphrase) "And They Plotted Against Allah, but Allah Plotted To. And Allah Is The Best Of Plotters."

Make no mistake there will be negative consequences.

I am in the middle of a deep dive into the Civil War (Allan Nevins 8 volume Ordeal of the Union), now while history doesn't repeat itself, it does rhyme. I'm seeing a rhyme develop. Not just with samesex marriage, but right across the political/cultural landscape. Our "friends" in the progressive movement apparently think there will be no blow back, one of these times they will find out they were wrong and there will be blow back, and I'm not talking harsh words. The non violate civil war we're in now could easily turn violent.