Chris Christie on Hugh Hewitt

Valin

new-jersey-governor-chris-christie-on-rand-paul-common-core-and-the-debatesHugh Hewitt Show:

Duane Patterson

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Audio

Not The Best Audio

HH: Right now, I’m pleased to welcome back the Governor of the Garden State, Chris Christie. Governor Christie, welcome back to the Hugh Hewitt Show.

CC: Hugh, happy to be back.

HH: Good to have you. You made a major speech today on Common Core, and I want to go there. In fact, let’s go there first. It’s something of a change for you, is it not, to be in the position of saying to the country slow down, take a step back and let’s start over with Common Core?

(Snip)

HH: Do you think Senator Paul has amnesia or a deep-seated ideology that fears the power of the state, or both?

CC: I think both. I think both. And because believe me, I’m sure that there are folks up there, not just Senator Paul, but others who are arguing against the extension of the Patriot Act who if, God forbid, we had another attack on the homeland, would be the first vote at Congressional hearings calling up the FBI director and the CIA director under oath and demanding to know why they didn’t connect the dots. And they wouldn’t understand the difficulty that they caused in helping to make that happen. And so you know, I think it’s both.

(Snip)

Gov. Chris Christie calls for end of Common Core in New Jersey

TRENTON --

Gov. Chris Christie is backing away from the use of Common Core school standards, saying the system isn't working for students in New Jersey.

In a speech Thursday, the likely Republican presidential contender will make the case that the standards have brought confusion and frustration to parents and classrooms.

The Common Core standards spell out what academic skills students should master at each grade level. They have been adopted by most states and the federal government, through a grant program, encourages states to use them. But they are unpopular among many parents, teachers, and GOP voters nationwide.

(Snip)

Governor Bobby Jindal On Rand Paul, The Debates And The Patriot Act

Duane Patterson

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Audio

The Transcript:

HH: I’m joined now by the governor of the great state of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal. Governor Jindal, welcome back, it’s always a pleasure to speak with you.

BJ: Hugh, thank you for having me back, and enjoy the event. I had the chance to go to the Reagan Library for the first time last February. It’s an amazing, amazing place.

HH: Great venue, wonderful opportunity to talk about an important book. I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to read The Great War Of Our Time, yet, but it’s sort of the companion volume to the Looming Tower. And I want to start there with something one of your competitors in the race for the presidency, Rand Paul, had to say this week on Morning Joe, Governor Jindal. Let me play it for you, and then we’ll pick up on what he had to say. He’s talking about who caused ISIS. Here’s Senator Paul.

(Snip)