Eric Holder Says Farewell, Predicts This DOJ Era Will Go Down as ‘Golden Age’

Geee

eric-holder-says-farewell-predicts-this-doj-era-will-go-down-as-golden-agePJ Media:

Attorney General Eric Holder said farewell to the Justice Department today, predicting to staffers that as Robert F. Kennedy’s era was viewed as a “golden age” for the DOJ “50 years from now, and maybe even sooner than that, people are gonna look back at the work that you all did and say that this was another golden age.”

“I think we can officially say now that Eric Holder is free,” Holder quipped in reference to the long period between Loretta Lynch’s nomination and confirmation Thursday as the next attorney general.

“But it is not necessarily something that I want; I don’t ever want to be free of — of this great institution. I don’t want to ever be free of the relationships that I have forged with — with so many of you. I don’t want to ever be free of the notion that I am a member of the United States Department of Justice.”

Holder talked about several issues he considers to be the greatest accomplishments of the DOJ under his tenure, including civil rights.Scissors-32x32.png

The question is The Golden Age Of What. Corruption...Politicization....Attacks On Enemies... Racism...Etc...Etc...Etc?

• Like 1

Holder's Legacy Of Politicization

Cabinet: If there's a government agency that ought to stay above the political fray, it's the Justice Department. But outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder used his department to pursue a racially polarizing political agenda.

In his farewell speech Friday at Justice, Holder asserted that he restored Justice "to what it always was — free of politicization and focused on the mission without any kind of interference from political outsiders."

This from the man who just last year proudly described himself as "an activist attorney general."

In that same 2014 interview with Juan Williams, Holder admitted that he turned the civil rights division into a political weapon, adding "(I am) proud of it."

"The responsibility of the attorney general is to change things," he asserted.

Gee, and here we thought it was to apply the law equally.

When he took office in 2009, Holder immediately signaled he would do the opposite.Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/042715-749837-holders-legacy-of-politicization-at-the-justice-department.htm

The question is The Golden Age Of What. Corruption...Politicization....Attacks On Enemies... Racism...Etc...Etc...Etc?

So, these demonstrations one after another around the country - IMHO, part of Holder's 'Golden Age'. His time as AJ and this administration set the tone for this.

So, these demonstrations one after another around the country - IMHO, part of Holder's 'Golden Age'. His time as AJ and this administration set the tone for this.

Its not easy to fundamentally change a society.