White House taunts GOP on climate change: ‘I don’t believe they can stop us’

Geee

white-house-taunts-gop-climate-changeWashington Times:

The White House on Monday essentially dared Republicans to try and stop President Obama’s climate-change agenda, with officials bragging that even after the GOP takes control of the Senate in January, there is nothing that can be done to stop a host of controversial new actions.

On a conference call with reporters, White House counselor John Podesta said the administration will move ahead on the issue despite Republican efforts to stand in the way. He even called out incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell by name, saying the Kentucky Republican will not succeed in trying to slow executive action on global warming.

“I believe the president will complete actions. It is a top priority of his and I don’t believe they can stop us,” Mr. Podesta said. “Not withstanding Sen. McConnell making this a top priority to leave the status quo, to leave the air dirtier.”

Last week, after Mr. Obama announced a new climate deal with China, Mr. McConnell said that reining in Environmental Protection Agency regulations would be a “top priority” in the new Congress.Scissors-32x32.png