CNN anchor apologizes for making light of fight involving Bristol Palin

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?intcmp=latestnewsFox News:

WASHINGTON – Following widespread criticism, CNN anchor Carol Costello apologized in a written statement on Thursday for joking on-air about an alleged altercation involving Bristol Palin and a man at a party accused of pushing her younger sister.

“Over the past few days I have been roundly criticized for joking about a brawl involving the Palin family. In retrospect, I deserve such criticism and would like to apologize,” Costello said in a statement.

The incident between Palin, the daughter of 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, and the man at a party in Wasilla, Alaska, allegedly escalated to the point where authorities needed to be called.

In an audio recording, Bristol Palin can be heard cursing and crying -- a tape Costello played for viewers and called “quite possibly the best minute-and-a-half of audio we’ve ever come across – well, come across in a long time anyway.”

On the tape, Palin can be heard describing the incident where a man allegedly pushed her younger sister. “I get back up, he pushes me down on the grass again,” she said.

After playing a portion of the audio tape, Costello said her “favorite part” had been a long bleeped-out portion.

Her comments created a backlash, leading to her apology on Thursday.

________

CNN eats a huge helping of crow.