Late-Term-Abortion Advocate Gets Standing Ovation at National Press Club

Geee

late-term-abortion-advocate-gets-standing-ovation-national-press-clubCNS News:

Wendy Davis, the Democratic state senator from Texas who attracted fawning national media attention after she filibustered a Republican-led bill banning abortion after 20 weeks, received a standing ovation after speaking at a National Press Club-sponsored luncheon today.

Davis promised to run for either her state senate seat or governor in the 2014 Texas state elections.

Continuing the media's obsession with Davis' footwear, National Press Club president Angela Greiling Keane asked, "What is going to become of the pink sneakers?" Davis wore the sneakers during her 11-hour filibuster. Davis replied she would save them as a "memory that I will treasure forever."Scissors-32x32.png

• 5 months later...

Uh oh, Wendy Davis’ life story not what it seems

Posted by William A. Jacobson Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 1:14pm

She left her husband the day after he made her last student loan payment

Wendy Davis rose to national prominence when she conducted a filibuster to block a Texas bill restricting non-medically necessary abortions after 20-weeks. For that position, which is wildly unpopular, Davis became the next Elizabeth Warren — the Great White Hope in pink sneakers.

Erick Erickson dubbed her “Abortion Barbie,” which led to howls of sexism. But as I explained in Why is “Abortion Barbie” off limits for Wendy Davis?, Barbie and Ken analogies in politics are quite common. Erickson’s remark was directed not at Davis’ gender, but her self-professed ignorance of the Kermit Gosnell House of Abortion Horrors. That someone running on a pro-late term abortion platform didn’t know about the biggest abortion story of the year made her look, well, like a plastic impression.

Like Elizabeth Warren, whose life story does not hold up to scrutiny, Davis appears to have narrative problems, as detailed today by The Dallas Morning News, As Wendy Davis touts life story in race for governor, key facts blurred: snip

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/01/uh-oh-wendy-davis-life-story-not-what-it-seems/

Wendy Davis admits to * fuzzy facts in bio

Nia-Malika Henderson

January 19 2014

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, who is running for governor of Texas, has admitted that some of the public details about her personal history are incomplete or inaccurate, according to a report in the Dallas Morning News.

Davis, a rising Democratic star, has touted herself as a Texas success story. She was a divorced teenage mother who went from living in a mobile home, juggling low-wage jobs and going to community college to graduating from Harvard Law School.

The up-from-nowhere narrative, which emerged during an 11-hour filibuster she staged in June to oppose abortion restrictions, has been a central part of her candidacy and appeal, helping to boost her national profile and fundraising efforts.

But the Dallas Morning News reveals * a more complicated narrative.

(Snip)

My language should be tighter, she said. Im learning about using broader, looser language. ** I need to be more focused on the detail.

(Snip)

* Translation: Lied

** Translation: Don't Lie.

Documents Show A Texas Court Ordered Wendy Davis to Stay Away From Drugs and Alcohol

Victimhood is the Only Card Left She Can Play

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | January 21st, 2014 at 09:55 AM

A few years after Wendy Davis claimed in court that she had suffered damage to her mental health, a Texas court put Davis under a temporary restraining order prohibiting her from using drugs or alcohol within twenty-four hours of coming into contact with her children.

Folks, from here on out, the only card left for Wendy Davis to play is victim. She’s going to attack Greg Abbott, Texas’s Attorney General, for leaks he wasn’t responsible for. Her friends will accuse the liberal Dallas Morning News reporter of being a Republican. They’ll scream that Davis is being held to a different standard than a man. They’ll cast Abortion Barbie as the hero by casting her as the victim of rightwing smears. All we are doing is pointing out she’s built her case on a foundation of lies, half-truths, and fairy tales.

And they just keep getting worse. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2014/01/21/a-texas-court-ordered-wendy-davis-to-stay-away-from-drugs-and-alcohol/

@Draggingtree

Counter Spin from DU

Wendy Davis Drops an ATOMIC TRUTH BOMB On Desperate SEXIST REPUBLICANS

BOOM!!...................nuke.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

This is so embarrassing for Republicans, who’ve taken to attacking Democratic State Senator Wendy Davis (TX) on whether or not she was technically divorced at the age of 19 when living alone in a trailer with her daughter. Apparently the Texas Republicans haven’t met Wendy Davis yet. Wendy Davis is a fighter for all people, and she isn’t about to let a few cheap shots at her family or her personal struggles take her down. State Senator Wendy Davis issued a statement today, saying in part, “The truth is that at age 19, I was a teenage mother living alone with my daughter in a trailer and struggling to keep us afloat on my way to a divorce… I am proud of where I came from and I am proud of what I’ve been able to achieve through hard work and perseverance. And I guarantee you that anyone who tries to say otherwise hasn’t walked a day in my shoes.”

Conservatives were claiming that Davis lied about her status at the age of 19, but as I explained earlier, before the divorce one gets the separation and before the separation, one gets the unraveling of the relationship which often impacts the living situation. Then there is the time spent after filing for divorce. Welcome to reality. But since Republicans don’t seem to live in reality, Senator Davis felt compelled to offer her biography to clear things up:

(Snip)

We return you now to the Real World.

Before I forget

BeeWF5uCMAQ4ndx.jpg

• Like 1

Wendy Davis: My paraplegic opponent Greg Abbott hasnt walked a day in my shoes

Allahpundit

January 21, 2014

Via Andrew Stiles, Im reluctant to give any virtual ink to this sure-losers candidacy/MSNBC tryout, but conservative Twitters burning up over this comment and I feel obliged:

Wendy Davis is under fire following a Dallas Morning News report that found a number of factual discrepancies in the personal narrative she has made a centerpiece of her long-shot campaign for Texas governor

Davis said that for Abbott, who has been a paraplegic for nearly three decades, to question her story proves that he hasnt walked a day in my shoes.

Intentional shot at Abbotts disability? Nah, almost certainly not. Would intent matter, though, if it were a Republican whod made a tin-eared but innocent remark like that? Nah, almost certainly not. Specifically, if someone had taken a cheap shot of that order at Davis herself, youd never hear the end of it. John Sextons right:

(Snip)

How about a slogan from one of her supports groups "Stand Up against Abbott"....

Adding another one...

Wendy Davis is Running!

From a Davis support group:

"Greg Abbott walks into a house in El Paso and says, 'There is nobody in the state of Texas who has done more to fight to help women than I have in the past decade,'" the email begins. "Great joke, right?"

OK so she was not 19 living alone. She was at least 21. She did not put her self through college, unless she considers being married to the person who put her thru college an occupation. And maybe she did, as she divorced him the day the last payment to Harvard was made....

Mother shares heartbreaking photos of baby son born at just 19 weeks http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=221899

h/t Steaming Pyle, who said –

“Heartbreaking……Wendy Davis, ya see this? Does that look like a blob of tissue to YOU?”

article-2542212-1ACE58AD00000578-378_634

Beloved son: Fretz says the term 'fetus' is insulting, and that her son was a baby, even though he was so tiny

A Pennsylvania mother who gave birth to her son at 19 weeks posted her story and photographs on her blog to share with friends and family, but her brave choice has spread way beyond her immediate circle to bring comfort to other grieving mothers.

Alexis Fretz was 30 years old and 19 weeks pregnant with her third child when she began bleeding lightly.

Not overly worried, she called her midwife and as a precaution was advised to head to the ER in a Kokomo, Indiana hospital for a check-up. By the end of the day, her son Walter had been born and died in her arms.

Scissors-32x32.png