Limbaugh apologizes to law student for insult

WestVirginiaRebel

Crashplan is just one alternative to Carbonite

And data backed up to an external hard drive and stored in a bank vault is even cheaper.

Carbonite is also a sponsor of Sean Hannity.UMMMMMMMMM

They want the advertising dollars that conservatives bring in, so they can fund their leftist crap and dribble.

righteousmomma

I just emailed our 2 conservative talk djs that are on early morning Rush Radio -wrdu 106.1

sent them the American Spectator and Washington Examiner links.

Draggingtree

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/

Dear Daily Kos

"I've spent the past 2 days trying to convince my 16yo she is not a slut"

I can hardly type, can hardly put this into words! I have been writing and rewriting this because if I don't break down in tears, I get so angry that I can't think straight! I know that so much has already been written about this whole issue, but I am writing this diary from a very personal point of view; forgive me if I find no humor in any of this, excuse me if I take no part in celebrating the loss of sponsorship for that pig's radio program[...]

The horrid little monsters who started harassing my daughter had the audacity to tell her their mothers were the ones who labeled her with these despicable opinions- they were just "telling it like it is, you know, like that guy on the radio!....

Your phony story and this petition has FAILed so far.

Soros minions certainly are hard at work...

Pentagon says military will still air Limbaugh

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Pentagon spokesman says the military’s network will continue to air Rush Limbaugh’s radio program.

George Little says the American Forces Network offers a wide range of programming to reflect listeners’ interests and he is unaware of any plans to review that decision.

UPDATE: Dana Loesch @BigSky decided, since the left used the White House petition site, she would make a petition there also.

I wondered then, if the White House petition site would allow for a petition asking the President to lay off Limbaugh (#LayOffLimbaugh?) or even better: a petition asking the President to stop infringing on the First Amendment by way of his HHS mandate.

So I created a petition. Everyone can make one, right? Sign and spread the word.

UPDATE II: Guess they didn't want me to sign or something:

By Stable Hand at 02:41 PM

Sandra Fluke Argued For Mandatory Health Insurance Coverage Of “Gender Reassignment” Surgery…

However, as I discovered today, birth control is not all that Ms. Fluke believes private health insurance must cover. She also, apparently, believes that it is discrimination deserving of legal action if “gender reassignment” surgeries are not covered by employer provided health insurance. She makes these views clear in an article she co-edited with Karen Hu in the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law.

The title of the article, which can be purchased in full here, is Employment Discrimination Against LGBTQ Persons and was published in the Journal’s 2011 Annual Review. I have posted a transcript of the section I will be quoting from here.

Scissors-32x32.png

Sandra Fluke Argued For Mandatory Health Insurance Coverage Of “Gender Reassignment” Surgery…

However, as I discovered today, birth control is not all that Ms. Fluke believes private health insurance must cover. She also, apparently, believes that it is discrimination deserving of legal action if “gender reassignment” surgeries are not covered by employer provided health insurance. She makes these views clear in an article she co-edited with Karen Hu in the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law.

The title of the article, which can be purchased in full here, is Employment Discrimination Against LGBTQ Persons and was published in the Journal’s 2011 Annual Review. I have posted a transcript of the section I will be quoting from here.

Scissors-32x32.png

yup..my GAYdar pegged out when I saw this wench.

SrWoodchuck

Never Give Up the Ball

@Sultan Knish

Modern political warfare is a battlefield in which small battles give way to the larger conflict for national rule and succession. In feudal times such conflicts might be settled with a coalition of lords aligned one way or another. In the modern colonial territories between the Atlantic and the Pacific, populated by a fragmented collection of states, races, religions and classes, the coalitions are assembled out of those groups.

Scissors-32x32.png

Half of winning a battle is choosing the terrain. The actual conflict, the clash of swords and spears is often secondary to positioning. Set up in the right place and you can win, even when you lose. Set up in the wrong place and all you have to look forward to is a victory so costly that it makes the war hopeless. When your battle is all about coalitions, then your positioning is all about selling your policies as being beneficial to as many coalition members as possible and their policies as being hostile to as many coalition members as possible.

A mandate that forces religious institutions to provide products and services that is in conflict with their faith has to be fought on the grounds of religious freedom. The mandaters equally wanted to move the battlefield from religious freedom to women's rights. Both sides wanted to choose a terrain that would mobilize their own coalitions. To do that both sides had to emphasize their angle on the mandate and make that angle preeminent in people's minds.

The vocal protests by Catholic groups put the religious freedom angle ahead. Then came Fluke and too many Republicans took the bait and the debate shifted from religious freedom to the promiscuity of graduate students and just like that defeat had been snatched out of the jaws of victory. The narrative had shifted from the right of religious institutions not to be compelled to violate their beliefs, to a debate over sexual mores, which was exactly where the left wanted it to be.

The narrative defines the story you are telling.

Scissors-32x32.png

A debate on the availability of contraception, no matter how well handled, only served the narrative of one side. No matter how well the debate was conducted, it meant that the right was now fighting on the battlefield that had been chosen by the left. All it took was a few sexual insults lobbed Fluke's way for the diversion to be complete. The right was now either retreating from sexism charges or engaging in it. The social issue was framed in exactly the terms that fit the left's narrative.

Limbaugh's apology was nearly as bad of an idea as his original statement. The only time you advance into an enemy's choice of terrain is when you are confident of being able to fight there and win. You do not give up the high ground just to take a few potshots at the enemy. After a temporary satisfaction, you end up losing the battlefield and being drawn into a battle that you never meant to fight. When that happens, you circle around and take back the high ground, you do not surrender because then there is nothing left to fight for.

Scissors-32x32.png

The path to victory lies in either gathering the largest coalition or in fragmenting the coalition of the other side. The left is not very good at the former, its own habits and tactics limit its scope, but it is quite good at the second. It gains power through disruption, through terror and intimidation, it plays on fears, pits groups against each other and then steps in as the mediator.

Scissors-32x32.png

Pretty good analysis-IMO

One must laugh at the same group who applauded Ed Schultz's comments about Megan Kelly, calling her a slut, merely because her political views are different than his/(their) own. I personally feel that Rush's only mistake in this mess was to apologize, and I wonder why he isn't following the same advice he gave Imus in a similar situation.

As to the sponsors who are are leaving.........hmmmmm. If I were a coporate sponsor in America, to whom would I direct my advertising............to the group that has the highest average income, I would think. Rush, and his listener base, have made successes of companies like Sleep Number and Snapple. When Snapple dropped him (because of corporate pressure, they are now affiliated with 7-Up) he started his own company to sell Two if by Tea, and is quickly taking business from Snapple.

All in all, much ado about nothing, except that it is a misdirection ploy by the left.....one more thing to take the pressure off of The "o" and his dismal record of performance.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

@Argyle58 agree (Though I am glad he apologized -thought he was over the top when i heard him live but still laughed at the irony-- but the whole incident has bought more exposure of the hypocritical left before everyone to see. Those who dislike him already will not change regardless).

Btw,

Carbonite's stock dropped 12% --heeeheeeheee

• Like 1

Rush is broadcast on a local FM station here that call themselves Rush Radio. They also have a number of other conservative talkers... as well as carrying the UNC sports.

Some of the local Libs now have been fired up to use this as a reason to pressure the University to drop the station as their sports broadcast network.

Of course, the local paper makes this the top banner headline. They give full support to every Lib protest (no matter how small or trivial) and make headline news out of it.... just like they do with the hand full of idiots who still man the Occupy Raleigh Porta-Potty.

When several thousand attended a Tea Party rally on the Capitol... it barely got a mention in the rag. So typical of the MSM.