Coffee ShopChat, snippets, video's, rants and raves

- - - - -
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#61 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think we got our signals a little mixed here. I was referring to the fact that the 0 will not be removed from office now (before the election) because of several factors. There is no way "they" will let America's first black President be removed and "they" control the press, media and certain minds.
In the first place "They" still also control much of Congress and the courts..

I agree on all counts that he MUST go.
I am all for keeping the pressure up, the investigations up, the truth willing out - and anything else.. No body is more disturbed about what is happening to our Country, our Constitution and our children than I.

I don't think annyone here would disagree time for him to go.
My take with all that is going on, and what is coming down the road, sooner than later, why some people obsess on this, is beyond me.

#62 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

No greater friend...no worse enemy

#63 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

You are bad terrible evil stupid people

Feel The Love Posted Image

#64 SrWoodchuck

• Members
  • 8,874 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I don't think annyone here would disagree time for him to go.
My take with all that is going on, and what is coming down the road, sooner than later, why some people obsess on this, is beyond me.

Here's why [Blurbs & Links]:

Arrest of Mexican cartel boss/recipient of DOJ guns & money

This is GREAT news for everyone in America and Mexico, including Mr. Holder — yet I don’t hear anything from the media. A Google search yielded just three actual posts on this subject.

Thank you LA Times for reporting this, but this is another case that confirms my suspicions: If the AP doesn’t write about it the majority of the Old Media will ignore it.

http://bigjournalism...g+Journalism%29

Final Obamacare rule already law

The bottom line is this: “Accordingly, the amendment to the interim final rule with comment period amending 45 CFR 147.130(a)(1)(iv) which was published in the Federal Register at 76 FR 46621-46626 on August 3, 2011, is adopted as a final rule without change.” [Emphasis added.]

Translation: The Obama administration Friday afternoon put into federal law the very regulation that drew objections from almost 200 Catholic bishops, some 50 religiously affiliated colleges and universities, 65 North American bishops of Orthodox churches, numerous other Jewish, Evangelical and Lutheran leaders, and even some liberals — and without changing so much as a comma.

http://www.punditand...lready-law.html

Holder/Issa battle @ Fast & Furious: Issa blinks

.....and so they squared off, and for any of you who wondered which man would blink first the answer has been revealed—Issa blinked, and gave Holder & Co. a time extension for turning over the documents.

Keep in mind, that throughout the time the back and forth has been taking place, the DOJ has given the House Oversight Committee just 6,000 documents, but they’ve provided their internal IG with 80,000 plus. The bottom line: time hasn’t been the issue, rather, the refusal to comply has. Nevertheless, Issa has given in and provided Holder with more time anyway. And to make matters worse, as of today the extension has no time limit on it.
So as it stands, Holder has from now till the cows come home to play it his way.

http://biggovernment...ges-for-holder/

Edited to add: I couldn't find the posts & links from several sites; about the belief that Boehner has his foot on the brakes of Fast & Furious, that a "fix" is already in & that we won't ever know what Boehner gave up, until after the elections.

Edited by SrWoodchuck, 14 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#65 righteousmomma

• Board Member
  • 5,660 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Don't mess with my Marines! URRRAH!!!

#66 Pepper

• Members
  • 11,995 posts
  • United States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

SrWoodchuck, from the link in your post a comment from someone, archer52:

Posted Image
We lost the argument a long time ago over whether or not the government has the power to regulate your healthcare. What are seeing now is the accelerated final push from an administration so far Left that even FDR would blush at its arrogance and tyrannical positions.
Posted Image
ends with

Posted ImageWe've seen this before. Steyn points out the historical relationship between state and religion. The type of person we see in Obama and his ilk this world has dealt with since the beginning of humanity. Sometimes we drive the offender away. Most times, the offender drives the society into deeper servitude. Once won, the State rarely gives up ground without revolution. As Steyn points out, no matter how abusive it was in its establishment, the King is still a head of a church.

And that is how it works.

#67 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

44 Conservative Leaders Open United Front to Battle Obama HHS Regulations
February 13, 2012 By For America

H/T The Great One

#68 Rokke

• Members
  • 10,416 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

44 Conservative Leaders Open United Front to Battle Obama HHS Regulations
February 13, 2012 By For America

H/T The Great One

The big news there is that this country has 44 conservative leaders. I'd settle for 10.

#69 Argyle58

• Members
  • 2,868 posts
  • Oklahoma

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I am waiting for the ACLU and other liberal groups to come out about this as a seperation of Church and State issue. They are all poised to jump in when anyone dares to publicly display Christmas ornaments, or have the temerity to have a Christian symbol as part of a city seal, or, God forbid, post the Ten Commandments in a courthouse.

Further proof that liberals are hypocrites.

#70 righteousmomma

• Board Member
  • 5,660 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Paul Ryan rocks!

#71 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I am waiting for the ACLU and other liberal groups to come out about this as a seperation of Church and State issue.

Pack a lunch, it's going to be a while.

#72 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,249 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

9.832 on the Cool-O-Meter

'Act of Valor' Premiere Enlists Navy SEAL Talent Showcased in Film
Alex Ben Block
2/14/12

Posted Image

“Nobody from Hollywood wanted us to make it,” filmmaker Scott Waugh tells THR, after SEALs parachuted onto Sunset Boulevard.. “That’s why we ended up funding it ourselves and finding private equity and why we really made a truly independent film with this.”

Six Navy SEALs dropped out of the night sky over Hollywood on Monday, parachuting onto the red carpet in front of the Arclight Theater for the premiere of Act of Valor. Now the question is whether audiences will turn out beginning Friday for a movie about Navy SEALs that has no stars with name recognition, that isn’t based on a popular book and isn’t the latest installment in a franchise.

What Act of Valor does offer is intense action packed story about real terrorist threats based on true stories starring actual Navy Seals.

(Snip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-VWJjVoZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrhd2WPd64E

Good Guys Killing Bad Guys....What's not to like!

#73 Geee

• Members
  • 29,839 posts
  • Wisconsin

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
MAXINE WATERS: DON’T LET GOP ‘DEMONS’ IN ‘OUR HALL’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrn5TYSbFGM&feature=player_embedded#!

Maxine Waters new head of the Financial Services Committee??? OMG OMG OMG

#74 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,389 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

OMG is right. The world has gone insane.

#75 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,389 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

I hereby propose the following regulations, just to be fair:

1) Atheists must pay for leatherbound copies of the King James Bible for their employees.
2) Orthodox Jews must pay for memberships in the Pork Spareribs of the Month club for their employees.
3) Jainist Hindus must pay for steak dinners for their employees.
4) wahabist muslims must pay for crosses and rosaries for their employees.
5) PETA and the ASPCA must buy genuine mink coats for all their employees, both men and women.

... if any of this sounds ridiculous to you, then ask yourself: What kind of a warped mind tells a Catholic employer that he MUST pay for his employees to have sterilization, contraceptives, and abortions, all of which are normally forbidden by the Church?

John F. Di Leo
Posted Image

#76 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,389 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal.

The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state agent who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — “did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines,” the Journal reports.

The decision was made under consideration of a regulation put in place by the the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs to meet USDA guidelines.

The student’s mother told the Journal she received a note from the school about the incident and was charged $1.25 for the cafeteria tray, from which her daughter only ate three chicken nuggets.

The note explained how students who did not bring “healthy lunches” would be offered the missing portions and that parents could be charged for the cost of the cafeteria food, the Journal reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1mTkQg1VD
Posted Image

#77 pollyannaish

• Board Member
  • 19,468 posts
  • Washington

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips

What the heck? Why is that not balanced? It seems to me it has everything you need from the plate pyramid or whatever the heck you call it these days.

Chicken nuggets? Are healthy? SINCE WHEN?

#78 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,389 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips

What the heck? Why is that not balanced? It seems to me it has everything you need from the plate pyramid or whatever the heck you call it these days.

That blew my mind. Chicken nuggets are not healthy. This really made me mad.

#79 pollyannaish

• Board Member
  • 19,468 posts
  • Washington

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

That blew my mind. Chicken nuggets are not healthy. This really made me mad.

They are forcing kids to eat Chicken Nuggets, not allowing them to play any competitive games on the playground, wrapping them in bubble wrap and then blame them for being fat. Seriously?

Makes me mad too. Mr. Obama--get out of dhurches and get out of our homes and while you are at it, why not get out of the way of businesses!

#80 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,389 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

This is why the left wants pre k school and head start programs. Teach them early that the state knows more than mommy and daddy.
I would have raised holy hell upon them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users