The Best and the Rightest

Valin

female-conservativism
Elle:

A new generation of conservative women is stepping forward to dis feminists and cheer low taxes, guns, and motherhood. Nina Burleigh reports on how these “Baby Palins” are going to reshape the 2012 presidential election
Nina Burleigh
August 12, 2011

2012-republicans-H.jpg
Women's Right: (From left) Firearms advocate and hunter Regis Giles; conservative commentator S.E. Cupp; pollster Kellyanne Conway poses for the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute’s 2009 calendar, “Pretty in Mink”; attendees of the Conservative Political Action Conference pick up Sarah Palin posters; presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann and South Dakota Congresswoman Kristi Noem address the CPAC crowd.

Regis Giles glides from chair to podium with the lithe, twitchy ease of a big cat, hazel-eyed and trailing a honey-colored mane, all 20 tawny years of her packed into a skintight electric blue stretch-satin cocktail dress. She doesn’t look like this when she’s spearing wild boar on the shores of Florida’s Lake Okeechobee or taking aim with her favorite CZ 550 rifle, but today Giles is addressing America’s largest annual conservative convention, in Washington, DC, so she’s sexed it up a bit.

Besides being a hunter, she’s an entrepreneur. From a website called Girls Just Wanna Have Guns, she peddles T-shirts, buttons, and coffee mugs, but no actual guns—yet. That’s only because she must wait until she turns 21 to get a federal license to sell firearms. Meanwhile, she’s bagged her own reality hunting show, Primal Urge, slated to air on cable’s Pursuit Channel (devoted to all things hunt) in 2012.

Giles keeps her speech short, sweet, and to the point. “I’m sick and tired of seeing defenseless girls being abducted in broad daylight,” she says in an unstudied nasal drawl. “My company stands for those girls who’ve decided to arm themselves with a gun that will pump lead into an attacker at 1,200 feet per second. I wanna see more headlines stating ‘Girl kills attacker with gun’ than ‘Girl found dead after being raped and choked to death.’” The audience packed into the Marriott’s Grand Ballroom erupts in cheers, stomps, and whistles. She’s brought the house down.

(Snip)

H/T Hot Air

Some bad news for the Democrats/Left

Pollster Kellyanne Conway, president and founder of The Polling Company/WomanTrend, says young women just might be on their way to becoming an up-for-grabs demographic, the way ­Reagan Democrats once were. According to one of her polls of women 18 to 34, 41 percent call themselves Democrats, but 44 percent identify as either “very conservative” or “somewhat conservative” on health care and education. (Only 22 percent pegged themselves as liberal on these matters.) To Conway, this suggests that a sizable portion of women who vote Democratic lean right, making it tricky to know which candidates will win their vote.

Oh we got trouble...right here in River City!

Good, it's about time. Didn't Obama win the women vote by almost 60%? Pathetic, it's about time my gender puts down the kool aid. I think there are some inspiring conservative women in politics these days, and I hope they continue to inspire. That's yet another thing about Rick Perry, he has a great appeal to women and being classically handsome really helps - even some apolitical friends of mine are on board because they consider Perry "eye candy".