The Southern Baptist Convention & The Subordination of Scripture | OnlySubs w/ James Lindsay, Ep. 80

Valin

Jan. 31 2022

In April of 2019, the famously conservative Southern Baptist Convention adopted an infamous resolution, Resolution 9, bringing into the Convention both Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality "as an analytical tool subordinate to Scripture." This is, at best, a fundamental misunderstanding of Woke Marxism (thus CRT/I), which are explicitly designed to identify anything they are put in subordination to, subvert that thing, and then occupy a position of dominance over it (which they deny they are doing). In this must-listen episode of my subscribers-only podcast, James Lindsay OnlySubs, I go into this facet of Theory and raise important questions about why anyone would think this was a good idea. Join me to hear all about the threat from within to a conservative religious icon. -James Lindsay

Jan. 31 2022

As more churches embrace the teaching of Progressive Christianity, what are we called to do with these non-Biblical ideas? Paul tells us that being united with our Christian brothers and sisters is important. However, he also tells us what we are to do when false doctrine seeps into the church. Alisa Childers explains it well here.

• 3 months later...

Feb 9, 2022 Noelle Mering, author of "Awake, Not Woke: A Christian Response to the Cult of Progressive Ideology," shares with the Leadership Institute at Franciscan University of Steubenville how Christians should respond to woke ideology in today’s culture.

• 5 months later...

Nov. 14 2022

(Snip)

We want to thank today's guest host Dr. James Lindsay.  An American-born author, mathematician, and professional troublemaker, Dr. James Lindsay has written six books spanning a range of subjects including religion, the philosophy of science and postmodern theory. He is a leading expert on Critical Race Theory, which leads him to reject it completely. He is the founder of New Discourses and currently promoting his new book "Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity―and Why This Harms Everybody," which is currently being translated into more than fifteen languages.