Supreme Court to hear cases against Harvard, UNC, for alleged admissions discrimination

Geee

supreme-court-harvard-unc-admissions-discrimination
Fox News

The Supreme Court Monday agreed to hear two cases against U.S. colleges for allegedly "penalizing Asian-American applicants" and using "race as a factor in admissions," a step that could affect affirmative action and equity programs in higher education

The court is consolidating two different cases led by Students for Fair Admissions. One is against Harvard University and another is against the University of North Carolina. 

"Like Harvard, UNC is devoted to using race indefinitely and at every stage of its admissions process," the petition in the case against UNC says. 

Both Harvard's and UNC's admissions programs were upheld by lower courts, but Students for Fair Admissions argues that the Supreme Court should overturn the 2003 case Grutter v. Bollinger, which ruled schools could use race as a factor in admissions because such schools have a compelling interest in having diverse student bodies. :snip:

2 hours ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Alleged Racism?

Harvard’s discrimination against Asian-Americans in a nutshell

Jan. 24 2022

SFFA releases “Admissions”-- a video highlighting the admissions policies of Harvard featuring Prof. Glen Loury; Prof. John Yoo; Author Asra Nomani; Students Harrison Chen and Calvin Yang

Now I am not all that bright, but it seems to me paying all that much attention to someones race, seems...well racist.

OTOH NOT getting into Harvard might keep someone from being indoctrinated in Leftist Ideology. And That's a good thing. One less thing you have to forget about.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:58 PM, Valin said:

Now I am not all that bright, but it seems to me paying all that much attention to someones race, seems...well racist.

“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”

John G. Roberts Jr.

6 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”

John G. Roberts Jr.

Something I have been trying to figure out for some time now. Why am I supposed to care one way or the other about the 2 things people have absolutely no control over. I refer to race & gender.  37.927 seconds after my father impregnated my mother the deal was doe. I was going to be a tall slender (Not skinny :D) white male. No one asked me, I had No Say in the matter.